Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I'm starting to develop screen burn-in...anyone else?

OP MMcCraryNJ

16th August 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Acworth, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 141

368 posts
More
So, I was hoping when I picked up the Note 3 last December that the general screen burn-in issues on Samsung AMOLED panels were a thing of the past. Apparently I was wrong...

Over the last few days, I've noticed that in games, or anything that takes up the entire screen, the area where the notification bar is located is burnt in, making it a few shades lighter than what is currently displayed on the screen. I can try to take a few photos, but I need to charge up my point and shoot.

Kind of disappointing, as I haven't had any of the problems other users have had with this phone, and it's been solid for me since December. But it's an eyesore to me now. I do have a warranty program with Best Buy, where I purchased the device, but I'm thinking they would give me a refurbished replacement, which I don't want.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I opt for a replacement device if this is considered a defect?
16th August 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 239

427 posts
More
go for replacement if you can.
The only disadvantage of Amoled display is that it has burn in issues with prolong useage.
so you can ask for replacement
it would be better.
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 260

629 posts
No issues here, but I use an Xposed module that makes all apps full screen so the notification bar is hidden 99% of the time.
17th August 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bay City, MI
Thanks Meter: 117

348 posts
More
Go to the play store and get the app called Screen Burn-In Tool. Depending on how bad it is it will help. Maybe get Nova Launcher and set the status bar to transparent. I've had my Note 3 since release and have it set to transparent and I zero ghosting. The app needs to run for a few hours to work properly. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
19th August 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cleveland, Ohio... Southeast Oklahoma originally
Thanks Meter: 2,671

3,884 posts
More
Never knew phones get burn ins. Lol
Stop playing so many games on your phone and you'll keep it forever.
20th August 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 260

629 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Alzwayed

Never knew phones get burn ins. Lol
Stop playing so many games on your phone and you'll keep it forever.

It's a pretty common problem with AMOLED displays. My Galaxy Nexus had pretty severe burn in where the navigation buttons and status bar were. The keyboard was also burned into the screen pretty good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread