FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Full review Note 4

547 posts
Thanks Meter: 125
 
By lildoggs, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 05:28 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
You be the judge. http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/03/s...te-4-hands-on/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
3rd September 2014, 06:50 PM |#2  
dligon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 525
 
More
Looks good. I'm not sure why some people are complaining about it being the same size 5.7 as the note 3 why would you make it bigger. next everyone will be walking around with 70" flat screens up to their heads.
The Following User Says Thank You to dligon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 07:52 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dligon

Looks good. I'm not sure why some people are complaining about it being the same size 5.7 as the note 3 why would you make it bigger. next everyone will be walking around with 70" flat screens up to their heads.

I was hoping it would be waterproof. Not sure if I want the increase resolutions at the expense of battery life.
3rd September 2014, 07:56 PM |#4  
supers2k's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chino Hills, Calif
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
I'll stick with my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
3rd September 2014, 08:00 PM |#5  
lildoggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dligon

Looks good. I'm not sure why some people are complaining about it being the same size 5.7 as the note 3 why would you make it bigger. next everyone will be walking around with 70" flat screens up to their heads.

Ha ha that would be a site. I'm with you. The screen is big enough for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd September 2014, 09:06 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Unless the bootloader can be unlocked I wont be buying another Samsung!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeraldbro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 09:22 PM |#7  
dligon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 525
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeraldbro

Unless the bootloader can be unlocked I wont be buying another Samsung!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Well you might as well get used to the bootloader never being unlocked. This is becoming the norm pretty soon you won't find any phones with a unlocked bootloader. The only reason I want it unlocked would be for customized kernel support for better battery life far as ROM I'm fine with stock with a little of the bloat taken off the top. Never understood the ones that buy the Note series and just turn it into a oversize S5 why get it when you don't have the s-pen function or use the s-pen?
3rd September 2014, 10:26 PM |#8  
K-alz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,234
 
More
Wow iSamsung!? That's more of a software update to the note 3 with a worse battery life. No thank you. My note 3 is better.
The Following User Says Thank You to K-alz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 10:50 PM |#9  
c-prodigo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Puerto Rico
Thanks Meter: 399
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Alzwayed

Wow iSamsung!? That's more of a software update to the note 3 with a worse battery life. No thank you. My note 3 is better.

I agree with you totally, its more of a software update and more megapixels to the camera, I think all of that can be baked into our note 3, by our developers, not too exited about upgrading to the note 4, and I also expected water resistant.
The Following User Says Thank You to c-prodigo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 10:54 PM |#10  
K-alz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,234
 
More
Yup. With all the kickass devs we have here from Bri, RErick, Mega....and you count, yes, our note 3 is soon going to be a note 4 without the heartbeat sensor that I'd never use. Lol
3rd September 2014, 11:12 PM |#11  
fix-this!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag midwest
Thanks Meter: 508
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dligon

Well you might as well get used to the bootloader never being unlocked. This is becoming the norm pretty soon you won't find any phones with a unlocked bootloader. The only reason I want it unlocked would be for customized kernel support for better battery life far as ROM I'm fine with stock with a little of the bloat taken off the top. Never understood the ones that buy the Note series and just turn it into a oversize S5 why get it when you don't have the s-pen function or use the s-pen?

On at&t they will always be locked. Same with verizon. Tmobile version wont be locked down. I boycotted sammy long ago. My next device will either be the xnomi mi4 or the nexus 6.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes