OP KennyG123

2nd October 2013, 01:14 AM   |  #1  
OP RC-RT & Moderator Committees / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 27,769

29,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the Note III in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
Last edited by KennyG123; 4th October 2014 at 02:40 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2013, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 24

175 posts
More
Are the Nexus 5 or HTC Max serious competitors for the att note 3? What about the Chinese smartphones(cyanogen phone, etc) coming out soon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by jbryson16; 5th October 2013 at 05:37 PM.
5th October 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #3  
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,651

6,580 posts
More
I wanna know how the G2 and Note 3 compare.
7th October 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #4  
Flag St. Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 419

2,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

I wanna know how the G2 and Note 3 compare.

I currently own both g2 and note3.

To be honest, g2 is really an awesome phone and I'd choose it over note 3 any day. It's fast smooth and about same amount of available ram. Lg stole all the software features from touchwiz and incorporated in g2.

Double tap to wake up a phone is an awesome feature that I miss also in note 3. Camera on g2 is superior and comes with an optical image stabilization which (I think) is missing on note 3.

Another thing to note is that g2 can be rooted and (AT&T) note3 cant be. I'm aheavy modder and flasher but for some reason I don't feel the need to root note3 or g2 either.

Now why do I like note 3 is because its a note series phone. I love the s-pen. At my work I have a choice of carrying a notebook and a g2 or just a note 3. Well I choose note3.

I know rooting is not a priority for me right now but if it is something that matters to you then either get a g2 or a tmobile note3. Or wait for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryson16

Are the Nexus 5 or HTC Max serious competitors for the att note 3? What about the Chinese smartphones(cyanogen phone, etc) coming out soon?

Nexus 5 is a competitor for any phone, period.

Now that being said, the latest leaked spec document for nexus 5 reveals it to be similar to g2 with 600 mah less battery (2400 in nexus 5 as compared to 3000 in g2). My g2 lasts for 24 hours easily but I don't think it was a smart choice to lower the battery power of nexus 5.

My gut feeling it's that G2 will have a good dev forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceo.mtcl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2013, 05:23 AM   |  #5  
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,651

6,580 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo.mtcl

I currently own both g2 and note3.

To be honest, g2 is really an awesome phone and I'd choose it over note 3 any day. It's fast smooth and about same amount of available ram. Lg stole all the software features from touchwiz and incorporated in g2.

Double tap to wake up a phone is an awesome feature that I miss also in note 3. Camera on g2 is superior and comes with an optical image stabilization which (I think) is missing on note 3.

Another thing to note is that g2 can be rooted and (AT&T) note3 cant be. I'm aheavy modder and flasher but for some reason I don't feel the need to root note3 or g2 either.

Now why do I like note 3 is because its a note series phone. I love the s-pen. At my work I have a choice of carrying a notebook and a g2 or just a note 3. Well I choose note3.

I know rooting is not a priority for me right now but if it is something that matters to you then either get a g2 or a tmobile note3. Or wait for a while.

Well thanks man, i just bought a T-mobile Note 3 ( did you know that you can easily sim unlock it and use it on AT&T LTE? And the bootloader is unlocked!) but if i dont like it i definitely will go with the G2, in fact i am most certain that i will get the G2 regardless that i like the Note 3 or not.
7th October 2013, 05:27 AM   |  #6  
Flag St. Paul, MN

2,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl

Well thanks man, i just bought a T-mobile Note 3 ( did you know that you can easily sim unlock it and use it on AT&T LTE? And the bootloader is unlocked!) but if i dont like it i definitely will go with the G2, in fact i am most certain that i will get the G2 regardless that i like the Note 3 or not.

Lol I know. I'm planning on keeping both. Actually I've got a Moto x also coming. I have to make a choice between Moto x and g2. I want a smaller phone to compliment my note. I'm absolutely loving note though. Spen opens up so many opportunities. Slightly larger screen gives me a good reading experience on kindle app. Love this phablet.

7th October 2013, 05:54 AM   |  #7  
Flag Louisville

175 posts
More
Quote:

Lol I know. I'm planning on keeping both. Actually I've got a Moto x also coming. I have to make a choice between Moto x and g2. I want a smaller phone to compliment my note. I'm absolutely loving note though. Spen opens up so many opportunities. Slightly larger screen gives me a good reading experience on kindle app. Love this phablet.

Why carry multiple phones? A big part of my reasoning for purchasing the note 3 was to eliminate the need for multiple devices.

7th October 2013, 06:14 AM   |  #8  
Flag St. Paul, MN

2,158 posts
More
Quote:

Why carry multiple phones? A big part of my reasoning for purchasing the note 3 was to eliminate the need for multiple devices.

Won't carry multiple phones at same time. Just for different occasions. If I'm going for a party, it makes more sense for me to carry smaller moto x. At work I'd like to have, well, a note.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceo.mtcl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2013, 08:24 AM   |  #9  
Flag Spring Hill, FL
Thanks Meter: 81

899 posts
More
Quote:

Same here. In fact I sold my ipad 3 as.i figured this would be enough.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4
7th October 2013, 09:38 AM   |  #10  
Flag Louisville

175 posts
More
Quote:

Won't carry multiple phones at same time. Just for different occasions. If I'm going for a party, it makes more sense for me to carry smaller moto x. At work I'd like to have, well, a note.

Why the motto x? It doesn't seem to be up to part with the g2, Nexus 5, or note 3.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread