FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Battery Full [Guide] Disable Carrier IQ to fix battery life on Lollipop

16th April 2015, 12:26 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83

More
1) Install System Tuner (root needed)
2)

3)

4)

Uncheck these boxes:
Activities:

Receivers:

Services:
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benwaffle For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th April 2015, 04:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,195

More
@benwaffle

Can you give a short explanation of what the issue is and why this is supposed to fix it?

Obviously, the result of the issue is that battery life isnt as good as it should be, but what is it about the carrier iq that is draining the battery.
16th April 2015, 06:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapps

@benwaffle

Can you give a short explanation of what the issue is and why this is supposed to fix it?

Obviously, the result of the issue is that battery life isnt as good as it should be, but what is it about the carrier iq that is draining the battery.

diagnostic.client.wakelock was keeping my phone awake. It's part of Carrier IQ.
The Following User Says Thank You to benwaffle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 08:18 PM |#4  

More
I don't have any of those check box options. Followed all the steps prior but when I get to activities or receivers there are check boxes but none that you said to uncheck.
16th April 2015, 10:18 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapps

I don't have any of those check box options. Followed all the steps prior but when I get to activities or receivers there are check boxes but none that you said to uncheck.

did you scroll down to the bottom?
17th April 2015, 12:59 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaffle

did you scroll down to the bottom?

Lol. Yes.
17th April 2015, 02:18 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thank you sir, benwaffle sir!! Better battery stats helped me figure out wake locks and this is an awesome guide you have hurr! Win!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-16-21-13-09.png
Views:	822
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	3266412  
19th April 2015, 03:16 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is this for at&t lollipop Roms? Just wondering cause I'm running Tweaked_PORTED_N4_S6Apps_L_TW_ROM_v3.75 on my AT&T Note 3 an I didn't see any of those options... But then again battery life is great on this rom anyhow.. Thanks for this info tho, I'll check if I ever use another at&t rom... And I just wanna let you know your NC2 flasher is the best !!!! I use it daily... You the Man!!!
19th April 2015, 06:51 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil2me

Is this for at&t lollipop Roms? Just wondering cause I'm running Tweaked_PORTED_N4_S6Apps_L_TW_ROM_v3.75 on my AT&T Note 3 an I didn't see any of those options... But then again battery life is great on this rom anyhow.. Thanks for this info tho, I'll check if I ever use another at&t rom... And I just wanna let you know your NC2 flasher is the best !!!! I use it daily... You the Man!!!

How did you install the rom?

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
19th April 2015, 01:33 PM |#10  
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 671

More
So I did everything like it says and this is what im getting, stock rooted OC1 Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429446799336.png
Views:	398
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	3270711
Update:
I think my battery might be going bad because I have less charge now and it shows more time left than when I posted this screenshot.
RoloRacer on Lollipopped Note 3
Last edited by roloracer; 19th April 2015 at 03:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread