FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

[GUIDE] Unbrickable Mod//Hard Brick Recovery

Thanks Meter: 6,045

By RErick, Senior Member on 25th May 2015, 08:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Sooooo.... as some of you know, I have bricked 2 Note 3's in a matter of a couple of days. I am here to help you guys get your Note 3 back up and running without paying 100 dollars for an insurance replacement or calling ATT and trying to play dumb to get a warranty. I don't expect a whole lot of views or comments simply because a lot of people have moved on to other devices, but for those of us still here, this can be a life saver. This is also why I am not gonna make this some fancy thread, this will be short and to the point.

So I have included all the software that you are going to need to do this, but you are going to have to round up a few things on your own. I will make a list. Lists are easy to follow. Lists are nice. Here's my list:
  1. Bricked ATT Note 3 on Lollipoop
  2. Charged Battery
  3. Cable to attach said Bricked Note 3 to your computer
  4. The software that I have linked to
  5. SDCard Reader or someway to write an image to an SDcard (use your moms computer if you have to. Come on, they're like 15 dollars at Wal-Mart)
  6. IMPORTANT!!!: Class 10, 32 or 64GB SDCard. IT HAS TO BE CLASS 10, AND IT HAS TO BE 32 or 64GB
  7. About 20 minutes of your time, and WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO

I have uploaded this video for you all to enjoy, and watch step by step. Watch it through once first, then go through and follow along.
This saved me the time of typing out all the instructions.

Now for the credits.

Big thanks to @Surge1223 for walking me through this and for the zip to extract the debrick image!
Also I AM SORRY @CryptKilla
I mistakenly gave credit to @1Zero3forlife for running the zip in Safestrap for me. But he still gets credit for being generally awsome and helpful. He is a wealth of information and helpfulness!! Thanks man!
@CryptKilla for running the zip and getting me the debrick image
@Walter.White for the NC2 No Wipe Tar
Qualcomm for knowing that we will brick these eventually, and putting a way to save them built in.
In truth they probably have a bunch of people sitting around doing warranty work with nothing but an SDCard and a Windows Tablet lol

Also Huge thanks as always to AllianceROM and the whole Alliance Team!!! You guys rock!
Feel free to buy me a coke if I saved your ass

Be sure to check the MD5 of the downloaded software:
MD5 Sum: 9c2343dbce2e1628b75a998f92525e17

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lw..._Mod_N900A.zip

https://youtu.be/3QYdEY9UJCI

Last edited by RErick; 25th May 2015 at 03:21 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ View ]

25th May 2015, 08:17 AM |#2  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 1,080

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick

Sooooo.... as some of you know, I have bricked 2 Note 3's in a matter of a couple of days. I am here to help you guys get your Note 3 back up and running without paying 100 dollars for an insurance replacement or calling ATT and trying to play dumb to get a warranty. I don't expect a whole lot of views or comments simply because a lot of people have moved on to other devices, but for those of us still here, this can be a life saver. This is also why I am not gonna make this some fancy thread, this will be short and to the point.

So I have included all the software that you are going to need to do this, but you are going to have to round up a few things on your own. I will make a list. Lists are easy to follow. Lists are nice. Here's my list:

2. Charged Battery
  5. SDCard Reader or someway to write an image to an SDcard (use your moms computer if you have to. Come on, they're like 15 dollars at Wal-Mart)
  6. IMPORTANT!!!: Class 10, 32 or 64GB SDCard. IT HAS TO BE CLASS 10, AND IT HAS TO BE 32 or 64GB

I have uploaded this video for you all to enjoy, and watch step by step. Watch it through once first, then go through and follow along.

Now for the credits.

Big thanks to @Surge1223 for walking me through this and for the zip to extract the debrick image!
I mistakenly gave credit to @1Zero3forlife for running the zip in Safestrap for me. But he still gets credit for being generally awsome and helpful. He is a wealth of information and helpfulness!! Thanks man!
Qualcomm for knowing that we will brick these eventually, and putting a way to save them built in.
In truth they probably have a bunch of people sitting around doing warranty work with nothing but an SDCard and a Windows Tablet lol

Also Huge thanks as always to AllianceROM and the whole Alliance Team!!! You guys rock!

Link to files will be posted as soon as its up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYd...ature=youtu.be">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYd...ature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Great guide, @RErick!
[emoji106]
The Following User Says Thank You to Morningstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2015, 10:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 321

Donate to Me
More
Nice guide. I hope that I will not need it

Other working ROMs on AT&T: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2938919
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CryptKilla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2015, 01:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 659

More
Quote:

2. Charged Battery

Now for the credits.

Link to files will be posted as soon as its up

like, bro.....nice work but i swear i saw somewhere xposed has a module that'll do this too. coulda saved you some time and $15 to buy your own coke

(seriously tho, nice work and writeup @RErick. good info to know!)
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeymopar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2015, 03:26 PM |#5  
Flag Nicholasville
Thanks Meter: 6,658

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

2. Charged Battery

Now for the credits.

AWESOME WORK BRO Will this work if on g00h rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstar

Great guide, @RErick!
[emoji106]

Didn't he do awesome Brah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymopar

like, bro.....nice work but i swear i saw somewhere xposed has a module that'll do this too. coulda saved you some time and $15 to buy your own coke

(seriously tho, nice work and writeup @RErick. good info to know!)

Xposed haz a module like this. Use to work in reverse though in TW.

Cowboy from Hell on a twisted trail.
Koffed From my Big Ass Outlaw Phone.
Last edited by Bubbajoe40356; 25th May 2015 at 04:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbajoe40356 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2015, 07:32 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Collins, CO

Donate to Me
More
Yeah hopefully it will help someone out
The Following User Says Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2015, 12:56 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Quote:

2. Charged Battery

Now for the credits.

The media file will not download. Every time I try it says unsuccessful.
26th May 2015, 01:06 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Collins, CO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90

I'm having some pc issues right now. Gimme a few
The Following User Says Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2015, 05:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Collins, CO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep90

Try it now. Maybe it will work better.
26th May 2015, 08:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 528

More
Quote:

Try it now. Maybe it will work better.

Works good thanks. I like to be able to have a way to fix it in any situations that might arise. Thank you for your time and expertise to bring this to everybody.
Last edited by mikep90; 27th May 2015 at 05:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikep90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
att, brick, guide, note 3, unbrickable mod
Previous Thread Next Thread