FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

T-Mobile Alliance Lollipop Rom on ATT Note 3

26th March 2015, 08:30 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,195

More
As you are probably well aware, AT&T has finally decided to bless us with the Lollipop update to our Note 3. Like many of you I rushed to see it in action for myself and was quickly reminded that I don't like the lack of theming options. After all I've been using @RErick 's amazing Alliance ROM found here. Unfortunately, he is going out of country and won't be able to update it to Lollipop just yet. Xposed isn't an option for us Samsung users just yet until they figure out the bootloop option, so that only left trying our closest relatives ROM (Tmobile's Alliance Rom)

I am here to confirm that it does work.

Installation Process:

I was already on stock rooted lollipop before flashing. Here is what I did from there.
1. Downloaded the tmobile alliance ROM from this website to micro sd card
2. Reboot to SS. If you are already on lollipop then you will need the NC2 flasher from here.
3. Wipe
4. Install ROM
5. Reboot to download mode
6. Odin the N900A_OC1_ALL_Other_Stock_Partitions.tar.md5 using Odin's PDA slot.

Phone will take a while to boot. Just be patient.

Issues:
After the phone came up, I went to settings..general..applications...running .... and found every Tmobile app and cleared cache and disabled them. The real important one here is the Visual Voicemail. Otherwise it will keep on trying to contact Tmobile and then you will get text messages saying there is an error.

Wifi Calling is throwing a sim card error (as you would expect). Only problem is it is shown in status bar and lockscreen. I'm sure there is a way to hide it or disable it. I just haven't had a chance to figure it out.

Thanks to:
@carl1961
@Walter.White
@sparx
@benwaffle
@RErick
Only thing I would ask is that we be real careful and respectful when posting in the Tmobile Alliance Thread. Do not post there asking why things aren't working or how to get this installed.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by sapps; 27th March 2015 at 01:24 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sapps For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th March 2015, 08:31 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
mine
26th March 2015, 08:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,919

Donate to Me
More
Awesome. Just add Lollipop somewhere in thread title.
26th March 2015, 09:00 PM |#4  
Flag Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 5,595

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapps

As you are probably well aware, AT&T has finally decided to bless us with the Lollipop update to our Note 3. Like many of you I rushed to see it in action for myself and was quickly reminded that I don't like the lack of theming options. After all I've been using @RErick 's amazing Alliance ROM found here. Unfortunately, he is going out of country and won't be able to update it to Lollipop just yet. Xposed isn't an option for us Samsung users just yet until they figure out the bootloop option, so that only left trying our closest relatives ROM (Tmobile's Alliance Rom)

I am here to confirm that it does work. I was already on stock rooted lollipop before flashing. Here is what I did from there.

1. Downloaded the tmobile alliance ROM from this website to my computer.
2. Downloaded the meta-inf folder from @carl1961 from this post. (You do not need the overlay file)
3. Open the ROM in 7zip and delete the meta-inf file.
4. Extract the downloaded meta-inf file and drop it in the 7zip window.
5. Save the file and move it to your micro sd card on your phone.
On phone.
6. Reboot to SS. If you are already on lollipop then you will need the NC2 flasher from here.
7. Wipe
8. Install ROM
9. Reboot to download mode
10. Odin the N900A_OC1_ALL_Other_Stock_Partitions.tar.md5 using Odin's PDA slot.

After the phone came up, I went to settings..general..applications...running .... and found every Tmobile app and cleared cache and disabled them. The real important one here is the Visual Voicemail. Otherwise it will keep on trying to contact Tmobile and then you will get text messages saying there is an error.

Thanks to:
@carl1961
@Walter.White
@sparx
@benwaffle
@RErick
Only thing I would ask is that we be real careful and respectful when posting in the Tmobile Alliance Thread. Do not post there asking why things aren't working or how to get this installed.

Hope this helps.

[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]
No!
Noooo oooooooo oooooooo
I'll get one done as soon as I can I promise!
Use mine! Plz?[emoji17]
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2015, 11:13 PM |#5  
Flag Lakeland
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Do you think any other roms are compatible on our phones now?

Follow me on Instagram @ Brito300
26th March 2015, 11:23 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brito300

Do you think any other roms are compatible on our phones now?

Follow me on Instagram @ Brito300

Yes. @carl1961 is looking at them to see. Hopefully he will report soon.
26th March 2015, 11:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3,018

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick

[emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]
No!
Noooo oooooooo oooooooo
I'll get one done as soon as I can I promise!
Use mine! Plz?[emoji17]

I will use your ROM as soon as you finish. I don't care how much back up or setup time I'll need. Just finish it whenever you can and let us know.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapps

I am here to confirm that it does work.

Installation Process:

I was already on stock rooted lollipop before flashing. Here is what I did from there.
1. Downloaded the tmobile alliance ROM from this website to my computer.
2. Downloaded the meta-inf folder from @carl1961 from this post. (You do not need the overlay file)
3. Open the ROM in 7zip and delete the meta-inf file.
4. Extract the downloaded meta-inf file and drop it in the 7zip window.
5. Save the file and move it to your micro sd card on your phone.
On phone.
6. Reboot to SS. If you are already on lollipop then you will need the NC2 flasher from here.
7. Wipe
8. Install ROM
9. Reboot to download mode
10. Odin the N900A_OC1_ALL_Other_Stock_Partitions.tar.md5 using Odin's PDA slot.

Issues:

Wifi Calling is throwing a sim card error (as you would expect). Only problem is it is shown in status bar and lockscreen. I'm sure there is a way to hide it or disable it. I just haven't had a chance to figure it out.

Thanks to:
@carl1961
@Walter.White
@sparx
@benwaffle
@RErick

Hope this helps.

OK, do when you said "on phone", is that a separate process or do I still need to unzip the ROM and use the meta file?
27th March 2015, 12:02 AM |#8  
Flag Tickfaw
Thanks Meter: 5,470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-alz

I will use your ROM as soon as you finish. I don't care how much back up or setup time I'll need. Just finish it whenever you can and let us know.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

OK, do when you said "on phone", is that a separate process or do I still need to unzip the ROM and use the meta file?

really the rom should install. the kernel will not install any way, so you can install rom as is without moding the script @RErick has the universal partitions so just instll without messing with zip
27th March 2015, 12:05 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
It just means the first few steps I did on my computer to prep the zip file. You could probably do it on a phone. Then the last few steps was the actual install on the phone.
27th March 2015, 12:11 AM |#10  
Flag Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 5,595

Donate to Me
More
When I am done with the ATT version there will be a way to boot to safestrap directly from the rom. Safestrap won't be fixed just yet, but it will be a workaround of sorts without a buggy app to use. Also I will include another zip to flash just before reboot so it gives you the right kernel. I've been working on it with the 4.4.4 version for a couple of months. Did anyone not see that you could flash the NC2 kernel from my installer?[emoji6]
It will all be perfect when I'm done. And then any zip that I release will automatically install the 5.0 kernel, but my extra one will be for those flashing other things than what I release in my thread.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread