T-Mobile Alliance Lollipop Rom on ATT Note 3

Search This thread

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
can i flash it to other rom slots??
everytime i flash it other room slote..bt it boots on stock...why?
You can not use SS rom slots on roms greater than NC2 4.4.2. If you do there will be one of 2 issues depending on which kernel was last installed.

1. If you install nc2 kernel then it would try and load the rom slot but since this rom is 5.0 it won't boot.

2. If anything greater than nc2 kernel is installed then SS would fail and therefore just boot the stock slot.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hasansabuz

atconway

Jun 22, 2015
Florida
www.allenconway.net
So this T-Alliance ROM has been working well for a couple of weeks now on my ATT Note 3. It is 99% perfect for me as a T-Mobile customer. However, there is 1 thing I would love to get working and it appears it is not. T-Mobile does allow Wi-Fi calling. The options exist in the Android settings on this ROM and I have it enabled. However I never get the notification on the phone that "calls will be made over wi-fi" with the little icon at the top of the screen when connected to wireless (I know this is the behavior that should occur). In fact if I try and change any of the wi-fi call settings the phone usually freezes.

I'm wondering if this ROM disabled wi-fi calling because it was intended for AT&T phones and AT&T costumers wanting to get Lollipop before the actual AT&T release was made. Does anyone know if wi-fi calling can actually work via this T-Mobile Alliance ROM? TIA :good:

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
This rom was not intended for att phones and nothing was changed. I think at the time WiFi calling was not working for tmobile users. Maybe try an updated version from the tmobile forum.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

Reactions: atconway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Man there sure is a lot of action in here. Anyone miss me yet??
    Not to worry friends. I'm hard at work bringing us an official ATT AllianceROM. I'm working on some bits for safestrap. Making it a little more user friendly. And also some other random ATT stuff.
    As you are probably well aware, AT&T has finally decided to bless us with the Lollipop update to our Note 3. Like many of you I rushed to see it in action for myself and was quickly reminded that I don't like the lack of theming options. After all I've been using @RErick 's amazing Alliance ROM found here. Unfortunately, he is going out of country and won't be able to update it to Lollipop just yet. Xposed isn't an option for us Samsung users just yet until they figure out the bootloop option, so that only left trying our closest relatives ROM (Tmobile's Alliance Rom)

I am here to confirm that it does work.

Installation Process:

I was already on stock rooted lollipop before flashing. Here is what I did from there.

1. Downloaded the tmobile alliance ROM from this website to micro sd card
    2. Reboot to SS. If you are already on lollipop then you will need the NC2 flasher from here.
    3. Wipe
    4. Install ROM
    5. Reboot to download mode
    6. Odin the N900A_OC1_ALL_Other_Stock_Partitions.tar.md5 using Odin's PDA slot.​

Phone will take a while to boot. Just be patient.

Issues:

After the phone came up, I went to settings..general..applications...running .... and found every Tmobile app and cleared cache and disabled them. The real important one here is the Visual Voicemail. Otherwise it will keep on trying to contact Tmobile and then you will get text messages saying there is an error.

Wifi Calling is throwing a sim card error (as you would expect). Only problem is it is shown in status bar and lockscreen. I'm sure there is a way to hide it or disable it. I just haven't had a chance to figure it out.​

Thanks to:

Only thing I would ask is that we be real careful and respectful when posting in the Tmobile Alliance Thread. Do not post there asking why things aren't working or how to get this installed.

Hope this helps.
    As you are probably well aware, AT&T has finally decided to bless us with the Lollipop update to our Note 3. Like many of you I rushed to see it in action for myself and was quickly reminded that I don't like the lack of theming options. After all I've been using @RErick 's amazing Alliance ROM found here. Unfortunately, he is going out of country and won't be able to update it to Lollipop just yet. Xposed isn't an option for us Samsung users just yet until they figure out the bootloop option, so that only left trying our closest relatives ROM (Tmobile's Alliance Rom)

I am here to confirm that it does work. I was already on stock rooted lollipop before flashing. Here is what I did from there.

1. Downloaded the tmobile alliance ROM from this website to my computer.
    2. Downloaded the meta-inf folder from @carl1961 from this post. (You do not need the overlay file)
    3. Open the ROM in 7zip and delete the meta-inf file.
    4. Extract the downloaded meta-inf file and drop it in the 7zip window.
    5. Save the file and move it to your micro sd card on your phone.​

On phone.
    6. Reboot to SS. If you are already on lollipop then you will need the NC2 flasher from here.
    7. Wipe
    8. Install ROM
    9. Reboot to download mode
    10. Odin the N900A_OC1_ALL_Other_Stock_Partitions.tar.md5 using Odin's PDA slot.​

Phone will take a while to boot. Just be patient.

After the phone came up, I went to settings..general..applications...running .... and found every Tmobile app and cleared cache and disabled them. The real important one here is the Visual Voicemail. Otherwise it will keep on trying to contact Tmobile and then you will get text messages saying there is an error.

Thanks to:

Only thing I would ask is that we be real careful and respectful when posting in the Tmobile Alliance Thread. Do not post there asking why things aren't working or how to get this installed.

Hope this helps.
    [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]
    No!
    Noooo oooooooo oooooooo
    I'll get one done as soon as I can I promise!
    Use mine! Plz?[emoji17]
    When I am done with the ATT version there will be a way to boot to safestrap directly from the rom. Safestrap won't be fixed just yet, but it will be a workaround of sorts without a buggy app to use. Also I will include another zip to flash just before reboot so it gives you the right kernel. I've been working on it with the 4.4.4 version for a couple of months. Did anyone not see that you could flash the NC2 kernel from my installer?[emoji6]
    It will all be perfect when I'm done. And then any zip that I release will automatically install the 5.0 kernel, but my extra one will be for those flashing other things than what I release in my thread.
    ROFL, i guess i should have done more reading prior to hacking!
    We are gonna build an official TMO version when the official 5.0 drops. I may even do it who knows. I do know this, when I get back to the states I'm switching to TMOBILE. Only because TMobile is a whole hell of a lot cheaper abroad than ATT. Plus there's 3 telecom companies here. ATT only roams off of 1 while TMOBILE roams off of all 3. However... The ATT alliance lollipop rom is ready, but I have no way of uploading it right now. I only have 2G service where I'm at. And I am not gonna pay 89 cents a megabyte to upload 1.5 gigs. If I get a chance to go to town I will bring my lappy and try to get it posted.