Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

Alliance rom from RErick question

OP cmrodrag

12th July 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

37 posts
My note 3 is all factory and I want to use RERICK'S alliance rom. Question is my phone is a virgin, other than the Kk update from att or samsung, whoever. Does that rom work on nc2 build or does it have to be on a different or specific build? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for me? I had the infuse 4G and had good luck with custom roms and feel confident about modding this beast now. Also do I really have to worry about knox? I do plan on getting the note 4 when it comes out but I am on the att next plan. Will they still take my phone w custom rom or tripped knox? 0x1. Is there a way to go back to completely stock in the box at all? And would it operate the same?
Last edited by cmrodrag; 12th July 2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: additional question
davidwritesmusic
13th July 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrodrag

My note 3 is all factory and I want to use RERICK'S alliance rom. Question is my phone is a virgin, other than the Kk update from att or samsung, whoever. Does that rom work on nc2 build or does it have to be on a different or specific build? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for me? I had the infuse 4G and had good luck with custom roms and feel confident about modding this beast now. Also do I really have to worry about knox? I do plan on getting the note 4 when it comes out but I am on the att next plan. Will they still take my phone w custom rom or tripped knox? 0x1. Is there a way to go back to completely stock in the box at all? And would it operate the same?

Root, install safestrap, make a backup of your stock rom, and you're good to go, I did a restore from a backup back to stock and it was seamless for me, like nothing ever happened.
13th July 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Kool, thank for the input! Worked like a charm! There are a couple Lil bugs but it's a great rom! How and where do I get a log so I can help these guys out now?
The Following User Says Thank You to cmrodrag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

37 posts
So I have been running this rom and it's freakin awesome as far as the customization goes but I am having an issue with chrome and Internet. Chrome doesn't do anything at all and regular Internet takes a good minute to load any pages. I would like to help RErick or anybody else dial in the rom but don't know how and where to get\do a data log to give to the devs. Any help with that would be appreciated.

sent through the alliancerom nc2 note3 att
davidwritesmusic
16th July 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I actually had to go into /system/app and delete the chrome apk and then download chrome from the play store

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
18th July 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #6  
Fayetteville NC
Thanks Meter: 45

222 posts
More
I still have Chrome and Internet on the phone, but I use Next browser - much faster, and it does Flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread