Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 46,282 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alliance rom from RErick question

Tip us?

cmrodrag
Old
(Last edited by cmrodrag; 12th July 2014 at 08:10 PM.) Reason: additional question
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Alliance rom from RErick question

My note 3 is all factory and I want to use RERICK'S alliance rom. Question is my phone is a virgin, other than the Kk update from att or samsung, whoever. Does that rom work on nc2 build or does it have to be on a different or specific build? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for me? I had the infuse 4G and had good luck with custom roms and feel confident about modding this beast now. Also do I really have to worry about knox? I do plan on getting the note 4 when it comes out but I am on the att next plan. Will they still take my phone w custom rom or tripped knox? 0x1. Is there a way to go back to completely stock in the box at all? And would it operate the same?
davidwritesmusic Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrodrag View Post
My note 3 is all factory and I want to use RERICK'S alliance rom. Question is my phone is a virgin, other than the Kk update from att or samsung, whoever. Does that rom work on nc2 build or does it have to be on a different or specific build? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for me? I had the infuse 4G and had good luck with custom roms and feel confident about modding this beast now. Also do I really have to worry about knox? I do plan on getting the note 4 when it comes out but I am on the att next plan. Will they still take my phone w custom rom or tripped knox? 0x1. Is there a way to go back to completely stock in the box at all? And would it operate the same?
Root, install safestrap, make a backup of your stock rom, and you're good to go, I did a restore from a backup back to stock and it was seamless for me, like nothing ever happened.

cmrodrag
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Kool, thank for the input! Worked like a charm! There are a couple Lil bugs but it's a great rom! How and where do I get a log so I can help these guys out now?
The Following User Says Thank You to cmrodrag For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmrodrag
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
So I have been running this rom and it's freakin awesome as far as the customization goes but I am having an issue with chrome and Internet. Chrome doesn't do anything at all and regular Internet takes a good minute to load any pages. I would like to help RErick or anybody else dial in the rom but don't know how and where to get\do a data log to give to the devs. Any help with that would be appreciated.

sent through the alliancerom nc2 note3 att
davidwritesmusic Old
Thanks Meter
I actually had to go into /system/app and delete the chrome apk and then download chrome from the play store

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Rukbat
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I still have Chrome and Internet on the phone, but I use Next browser - much faster, and it does Flash.