Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] At&t Note 3 bootloop/flash stock help

OP infinitephase

3rd September 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
hi everyone, im a newbie and im having a little trouble understanding and fixing my phone.

so ill start at the beginning, i bought a note 3 from at&t N900A and then moved out of the US (after contract expired and i sim unlocked with the code they gave me.)

I could not connect to at&t servers from outside US to OTA update. (i dont remember if i was mj5 or mi9)

So i learned about rooting while trying to update and decided to use kingo root app and got root access

then i installed safestrap 3.71 for a custom recovery, then i backed up my stock rom and made a new rom slot. Then i resorted my stock rom to rom slot 1.

this is my mistake: i flashed the knoxraid rom from here
http://galaxynote3root.com/att-galax...galaxy-note-3/

however i forgot to do the data/factory wipe. To make matters worse i realized this and pulled the battery out after about 20 seconds (the download bar was about 10% complete)

when i put the battery back in the phone went straight to recovery (recovery and download mode were the only ones working)

i started panicking as this was my first time rooting/installing roms and tried to find a solution

i found one and used this:
http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-unb...te-3-sm-n900a/

i flashed all the files correctly and odin got to about 95% and the said FAIL

i panicked again when i turned my phone on and it went to an error screen saying firmware upgrade incountered an issue etc.

before i harm my device further i would like to know what to do (i can still get to download mode)

odin mode say it is A2 so i belive that is mj5

i want to know: should i reflash stock mj5, and if so please provide link
should i do this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68&postcount=1
should i use the N900AUCUBMI9_OneClickBin.exe
or should i flash nc2 files found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...files-t2838117

will the nc2 kitkat brick my device? keep in mind it is running A2 which im sure is mj5

Thank you everyone in advance
3rd September 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 82

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
NC2 won't brick your device, but it'll upgrade your bootloader to A3 which will prevent you from ever downgrading back to MJ5 (not that you'd want to anyway). I'd just go with NC2 since it's rootable with TowelRoot anyway. Also, in your case I'd recommend using the 4-file method rather than the 1-file method since it's an upgrade from 4.3 rather than just a restore to stock 4.4.2.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk®
The Following User Says Thank You to andygev35 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygev35

NC2 won't brick your device, but it'll upgrade your bootloader to A3 which will prevent you from ever downgrading back to MJ5 (not that you'd want to anyway). I'd just go with NC2 since it's rootable with TowelRoot anyway. Also, in your case I'd recommend using the 4-file method rather than the 1-file method since it's an upgrade from 4.3 rather than just a restore to stock 4.4.2.

Sent from my AT&T Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk®

thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to infinitephase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 66

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitephase

thank you

You might want to consider adding the Pit file too to repartition your phone just in case anything got messed up in the failed odin flash that would definitely clean everything up. It might be overkill but I don't think it would hurt to do since you're doing a factory reset with the 4-file install anyway
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread