Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] best themed 4.4.2 roms to use on safestrap with kk

Tip us?

note crazy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattitude View Post
Give alliance rom a try... tw based and very themeable/customizable

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so to my understanding I make a back up on safestrap and then I just flash over the stock rom slot?

Androidi747
Old
Thanks Meter 97
You're going to want to factory reset inside of SS, then flash over the stock slot. Make sure you make a backup first!

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
http://i.imgur.com/lNEcz4t.png
Running Dynamic Kat 4.2 with GPE Simply White on the Note 3!

rxv73
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been using dynamic kat and love it. 4.1 version should be coming out soon. I tried alliance a few weeks ago and went back to dynamic kat. Nothing against alliance. I just liked dynamic kat a bit more.

killacam1989
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Can anyone tell me why you can't flash 4.4.2 ROMs in the rom slots if you are on official 4.4.2 nc2 on the stock slot? From a logical standpoint It would seem as though it shouldn't be a problem. When I rooted and was on 4.3 on the stock slot I was able to flash 4.3 ROMs in the rom slots and it worked fine (since I assume I was on 4.3 bootloader). I don't want to corrupt the official 4.4.2 nc2 stock slot or risk messing up the system if I can help it. That's what got me into this mess in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

posersk8r
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by killacam1989 View Post
Can anyone tell me why you can't flash 4.4.2 ROMs in the rom slots if you are on official 4.4.2 nc2 on the stock slot? From a logical standpoint It would seem as though it shouldn't be a problem. When I rooted and was on 4.3 on the stock slot I was able to flash 4.3 ROMs in the rom slots and it worked fine (since I assume I was on 4.3 bootloader). I don't want to corrupt the official 4.4.2 nc2 stock slot or risk messing up the system if I can help it. That's what got me into this mess in the first place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
Hashcode is still working on the rom slots for safestrap kk. You can create a slot just dont mess with the default size and flash a kk rom in there but there's an issue on reboot. Someone also said location services might act funny.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

note crazy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
No you can't and I posted wrong screen shot mine will look a little different because I changed some stuff in the theme and the kit kat one is in the same thread as the jb one
WHERE CAN I GET THE BATTERY ICON YOU ARE USING ON THE BOBKAT THEME? In using a ATT NOTE 3 NC2 WITH BOBKAT KK THEME

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 636
It is in X battery themer module that bri modified for me it is in the dynamic kat thread
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rukbat
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r View Post
You can create a slot just dont mess with the default size and flash a kk rom in there but there's an issue on reboot. Someone also said location services might act funny.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
True. Most ROMs I've tried work in the slots, but some of them won't turn off or reboot. (The S5 port seems to work fine, except for the original S5 password/pin problem in the lock screen.)) But services like Android Device Manager (location, ring, wipe), AndroidLost, Cebrerus, etc., can't contact the phone. And you can "mess with" the size. I run my slots with 2500/3100/500 to make sure I have enough app and cache space. Just be patient.

But you can run the ROMs in a slot to see what they look like, how they run (the S5 port is fast), you can set them up with more apps, a different launcher, etc., and run them into the ground. Then you can back up the one you like (or all of them) and flash it to the stock slot. Once Hashcode gets things sorted out and makes the slots work we'll have a real multi-boot, the way we had on 4.3. Just be patient. (I'd rather wait another month for a Safestrap that works than get one now and find bugs. And ANY software of this size, even if you're not dealing with the constraints imposed by Samsung, is going to have bugs until they're found and fixed. The last person to write large, bug-free code doesn't have living grandparents yet.)

tmoore3496
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey guys do you have some links for themes that are compatible with Dynamic Kat, I'm on att note 3.thanks in advance

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 636
Any kk theme in the international note 3 section