FORUMS

Battery Life Guide Helps You Get More out of Your Device

Battery life is a primary concern when it comes to smartphones these days, and … more

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Going from Note 2 to Note 3 with Straight Talk

14th October 2013, 01:23 PM |#1  
Twistedchild420's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a Note 3 AT&T variant on Craigslist. Pulled my year old ST micro sim out of my Note 2 and popped it in my Note 3 and BAM! It worked right off batt! No unlocking necessary! AND it still gets 4G! Used the same old APN settings as well.......just thought I would share that with you guys that are curious about making the switch!
 
 
14th October 2013, 08:05 PM |#2  
krazman325's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
Thank you! I ordered a micro SIM last night. My Note 1 uses a standard sized SIM.
kraz
14th October 2013, 08:14 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedchild420

Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a Note 3 AT&T variant on Craigslist. Pulled my year old ST micro sim out of my Note 2 and popped it in my Note 3 and BAM! It worked right off batt! No unlocking necessary! AND it still gets 4G! Used the same old APN settings as well.......just thought I would share that with you guys that are curious about making the switch!

What are your APN settings? I have tried every combination of settings that I can find without any success. I can get LTE, text, data, 4g, and send MMS. However, I cannot receive any incoming MMS messages. Let me know!
15th October 2013, 12:50 AM |#4  
Twistedchild420's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Feelgood

What are your APN settings? I have tried every combination of settings that I can find without any success. I can get LTE, text, data, 4g, and send MMS. However, I cannot receive any incoming MMS messages. Let me know!

The same from the booklet they send with the sim. All standard
15th October 2013, 01:13 AM |#5  
daddioj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Poconos
Thanks Meter: 218
 
Donate to Me
More
Straight talk with LTE has been a hassle. data works fine. but text and mms are a hit and miss. this with all correct settings. i went back to ATT go plan for 60 a month
19th October 2013, 03:21 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddioj

Straight talk with LTE has been a hassle. data works fine. but text and mms are a hit and miss. this with all correct settings. i went back to ATT go plan for 60 a month

Glad it worked for you. I have a Verizon Note 3 and even though it works, I am not getting 4G/LTE, only H+ service.
6th September 2014, 02:58 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman325

Thank you! I ordered a micro SIM last night. My Note 1 uses a standard sized SIM.
kraz

you can trim the SIM Down to fit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank