Going from Note 2 to Note 3 with Straight Talk

OP Twistedchild420

14th October 2013, 01:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 75

337 posts
More
Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a Note 3 AT&T variant on Craigslist. Pulled my year old ST micro sim out of my Note 2 and popped it in my Note 3 and BAM! It worked right off batt! No unlocking necessary! AND it still gets 4G! Used the same old APN settings as well.......just thought I would share that with you guys that are curious about making the switch!
14th October 2013, 08:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 108

512 posts
More
Thank you! I ordered a micro SIM last night. My Note 1 uses a standard sized SIM.
kraz
14th October 2013, 08:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedchild420

Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a Note 3 AT&T variant on Craigslist. Pulled my year old ST micro sim out of my Note 2 and popped it in my Note 3 and BAM! It worked right off batt! No unlocking necessary! AND it still gets 4G! Used the same old APN settings as well.......just thought I would share that with you guys that are curious about making the switch!

What are your APN settings? I have tried every combination of settings that I can find without any success. I can get LTE, text, data, 4g, and send MMS. However, I cannot receive any incoming MMS messages. Let me know!
15th October 2013, 12:50 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 75

337 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Feelgood

What are your APN settings? I have tried every combination of settings that I can find without any success. I can get LTE, text, data, 4g, and send MMS. However, I cannot receive any incoming MMS messages. Let me know!

The same from the booklet they send with the sim. All standard
15th October 2013, 01:13 AM   |  #5  
Flag Poconos
Thanks Meter: 189

1,301 posts
Donate to Me
More
Straight talk with LTE has been a hassle. data works fine. but text and mms are a hit and miss. this with all correct settings. i went back to ATT go plan for 60 a month
19th October 2013, 03:21 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddioj

Straight talk with LTE has been a hassle. data works fine. but text and mms are a hit and miss. this with all correct settings. i went back to ATT go plan for 60 a month

Glad it worked for you. I have a Verizon Note 3 and even though it works, I am not getting 4G/LTE, only H+ service.
6th September 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman325

Thank you! I ordered a micro SIM last night. My Note 1 uses a standard sized SIM.
kraz

you can trim the SIM Down to fit.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread