XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Going from Note 2 to Note 3 with Straight Talk

Tip us?

Twistedchild420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default Going from Note 2 to Note 3 with Straight Talk

Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a Note 3 AT&T variant on Craigslist. Pulled my year old ST micro sim out of my Note 2 and popped it in my Note 3 and BAM! It worked right off batt! No unlocking necessary! AND it still gets 4G! Used the same old APN settings as well.......just thought I would share that with you guys that are curious about making the switch!
Lineage=
Motorola Backflip-HTC Aria,HTC HD7,Samsung Captivate-Lg Thrill 4G,LG Nitro HD-Samsung Galaxy S2-Samsung Galaxy Note Int-
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

krazman325
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Thank you! I ordered a micro SIM last night. My Note 1 uses a standard sized SIM.
kraz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900A Rooted with 64GB Cl.10 External SDXC (Currently)
Samsung Galaxy Note GT N7000 White & Rooted with 32GB Cl.10 External SDHC (Formerly)
Dell Streak 5 running Simple Streak 1.2 PerfUpdate + OC 1.190GHz (Formerly)

B Feelgood
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedchild420 View Post
Just a heads up to you guys. I bought a Note 3 AT&T variant on Craigslist. Pulled my year old ST micro sim out of my Note 2 and popped it in my Note 3 and BAM! It worked right off batt! No unlocking necessary! AND it still gets 4G! Used the same old APN settings as well.......just thought I would share that with you guys that are curious about making the switch!
What are your APN settings? I have tried every combination of settings that I can find without any success. I can get LTE, text, data, 4g, and send MMS. However, I cannot receive any incoming MMS messages. Let me know!

Twistedchild420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Feelgood View Post
What are your APN settings? I have tried every combination of settings that I can find without any success. I can get LTE, text, data, 4g, and send MMS. However, I cannot receive any incoming MMS messages. Let me know!
The same from the booklet they send with the sim. All standard
Lineage=
Motorola Backflip-HTC Aria,HTC HD7,Samsung Captivate-Lg Thrill 4G,LG Nitro HD-Samsung Galaxy S2-Samsung Galaxy Note Int-
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

daddioj
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Straight talk with LTE has been a hassle. data works fine. but text and mms are a hit and miss. this with all correct settings. i went back to ATT go plan for 60 a month

titot4u
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddioj View Post
Straight talk with LTE has been a hassle. data works fine. but text and mms are a hit and miss. this with all correct settings. i went back to ATT go plan for 60 a month
Glad it worked for you. I have a Verizon Note 3 and even though it works, I am not getting 4G/LTE, only H+ service.

Jabooma
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazman325 View Post
Thank you! I ordered a micro SIM last night. My Note 1 uses a standard sized SIM.
kraz
you can trim the SIM Down to fit.