Tried Flashing Kitkat - Soft bricked?
Ok, so I tried following the method described here:
I was on JB. Installed SS 3.71, downloaded the odexed version of UrDroid and odin files.
Procedure I followed:
- Booted into SS
- Factory reset
- Install urdroid - deodexed
- Installation failed, zip wouldn't open
- Booted back up, downloaded urdroid again - odexed version this time
- pulled battery, booted to safestrap
- factory reset
- install new zip, worked this time
- tried booting to download mode with vol down key, didn't work for some reason. just went to SS splash screen then tried to boot
- pulled battery, booted SS again, used the reboot menu to get to download mode
- followed steps to set up partitions in ODIN, seemed to work fine
Now when I try to boot it just shows me the SS splash screen, then when I let it boot it just goes to a black screen with a solid blue indicator LED.
Next, I tried to verify the MD5 on the UrDroid zip and it didn't match. I downloaded it again, copied it to my external SD, and it then checked out.
Wiped, installed, ran the odin stuff again. Same problem.
I'm guessing the next step is to restore it back to MJ5 using this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...59715&page=118
Except several of the files linked there are no longer available....
I'm feeling a little panicked now, this is my only phone lol. Can anyone give me a hand?