[Q] Bought a seemingly rooted phone on Swappa and I'm concerned...

OP ThePorter

31st August 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
[QUOTE=XiphoneUzer;55165589]https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=moborobo+review

sorry for wasting ur time OP -

/QUOTE]

No worries, it wasn't a waste of my time. I don't have anything necessarily against this program, I just don't see a personal need for it.
1st September 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #22  
Forum Moderator
Flag Maras Dantia
Thanks Meter: 7,061

6,048 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiphoneUzer

Excuse me but this is not an unknown app, it has been around for years and works wonderfully !!!
I have been using it since I got my N3 at thanksgiving and it works great, installs downloaded apk files in a snap, allows you easy navigation to your entire phone.Doesn't spam you. It just works great. I'm only recommending it because I have USED it for 9 months, (and you guys can't even google it?)

Since when do mods and forum gurus recommend staying away from something they have never used it, or even spent 10 secs researching ????

I was only trying to help OP out. it is a great and FREE app for rooted devices, sorry for wasting ur time OP -

(ps - I found the software while trying to transfer my contacts and sms messages from my 4s to N3, which worked perfectly and easily, (after trying other stuff). It was after that I discovered how nice it manages everything)

You took my post entirely wrong. I know this application, though I have never personally used it. It has helped many people whos screens were broken to recover their files from the device. That said, if whoever you're recommending it to is unsure, has never heard of it, etc... then they should be careful downloading anything. Had I not heard of the application, and as many times as it has been suggested in this thread, then yes, I would have searched it out, torn it apart and seen how it works.
Now as a moderator, it's my job to make sure that everyone has a good experience on XDA. Whether its helping to find a solution or just making them aware that there are inherent risks involved in anything you do to your device (as is the case here), no need to be offended because I asked people to use common sense when downloading an unknown (to them) tool.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stryke_the_Orc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread