Dynamic Kat 4.0 restore to stock

5th July 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
can someone point me in the direction to the stock kit kat firmware so I can get off the rom and go back to stock thanks
5th July 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 413

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
There is no stock kit kat firmware available. You should restore your backup you made before installing a custom rom. If you stupidly forgot to make a backup of your 700 dollar phone you can go to bestbuy and have them flash it for you. If you want a slightly modified stock rom checkout urdroid in the general section.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro

There is no stock kit kat firmware available. You should restore your backup you made before installing a custom rom. If you stupidly forgot to make a backup of your 700 dollar phone you can go to bestbuy and have them flash it for you. If you want a slightly modified stock rom checkout urdroid in the general section.

ya I did forget thought I did but its not there so now im looking for a stock restore
5th July 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 27

158 posts
More
Quote:

This is kinda unfair to OP. I killed my phone and end up in BestBuy because SS failed to restore the original back up. It worked a couple times after I've tried custom ROMS but failed eventually and the phone get stuck in a "Note 3" screen. So everything could happen.
5th July 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #5  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 413

1,181 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm sorry if anyone took that as a personal insult as that's not what I intended. It's meant to be more of a wakeup call. As more and more people jump into android and write tutorials, more and more minor details get overlooked. Like "make a backup before wiping or overwriting". We've been spoiled in the past by being able to flash a stock firmware when we botch things up. But lately things have changed and we have to prepare for the worst. Xda is a development site and not a support site so it's up to us to do the research. It's up to us to make sure there's a way out. It's up to us to know the minor details that fill in the blanks of someone's rom installation procedure. No one is responsible but us!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 27

158 posts
More
Quote:

I'm sorry if anyone took that as a personal insult as that's not what I intended. It's meant to be more of a wakeup call. As more and more people jump into android and write tutorials, more and more minor details get overlooked. Like "make a backup before wiping or overwriting". We've been spoiled in the past by being able to flash a stock firmware when we botch things up. But lately things have changed and we have to prepare for the worst. Xda is a development site and not a support site so it's up to us to do the research. It's up to us to make sure there's a way out. It's up to us to know the minor details that fill in the blanks of someone's rom installation procedure. No one is responsible but us!

I agree . This is all new and different what we are used to.
The Following User Says Thank You to jondoe27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread