Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to do a stock MJ5 upgrade to NC2 ?

OP AtlzBest26

20th July 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Guys

I have a SM-900A on MJ5, not rooted, on ultra mobile (t-mobile)

1. software update says there is no update available.

2. i tried 240258.zip (or something - renamed to update.zip) in sd card...Install from external storage...gives me some error about keys not matching, wipes /data and reboots

The guide to go up to 4.4.2 over here uses a UrDroid rooted 4.4.2 after safestrap. But that was back in Apr 2014 when towelroot was not available.
Where can i just download the correct update.zip and do a stock upgrade to 4.4.2? i do want to root after it but i am assuming towelroot should work without a hiccup. Am i missing something here?

Thanks
20th July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #2  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 117

540 posts
More
I JUST did this same dance. Don't follow any other instructions except for the "Ready to update to KK from JB" guide laid out here. You'll be incredibly pleased ha. So easy and hiccup free. Use Geohot's root toolbar to get you started! Good luck! PM me if you have problems

EDIT: Guide is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710972

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by monkor; 20th July 2014 at 02:17 AM.
20th July 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkor

I JUST did this same dance. Don't follow any other instructions except for the "Ready to update to KK from JB" guide laid out here. You'll be incredibly pleased ha. So easy and hiccup free. Use Geohot's root toolbar to get you started! Good luck! PM me if you have problems

EDIT: Guide is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2710972

Thanks monkor..will gave that a shot

edit: monkor..that was I asking about when I said do you really need to safestrap? Can't I just Odin that urdroid rom or the stock update? (Where is the stock update of 4.4.2?)
Last edited by AtlzBest26; 20th July 2014 at 04:09 AM. Reason: more info
20th July 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #4  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 117

540 posts
More
From what I've read, everyone who deviates from that guide has problems. You might Hey lucky and not, but I'd just go roti the easy method. Took me all of five minutes

20th July 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkor

From what I've read, everyone who deviates from that guide has problems. You might Hey lucky and not, but I'd just go roti the easy method. Took me all of five minutes

ok here's where i am at

1. rooted on mj5 using kingo
2. safestrap 3.71 done
3. when i try to do a wipe data in ss, i am getting a error on /data and /data media (something about encryption, i hadn't touched any settings in mj5..i was pure stock)...any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks
20th July 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlzBest26

ok here's where i am at

1. rooted on mj5 using kingo
2. safestrap 3.71 done
3. when i try to do a wipe data in ss, i am getting a error on /data and /data media (something about encryption, i hadn't touched any settings in mj5..i was pure stock)...any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks

i just went to bestbuy and got 4.4.2. Btw all they did was Odin the stock 4.4.2 in and im sure he only did that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread