Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Individual Text notifications

OP dgrooman

8th August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
Is there a way to update the contacts app, or install a third party one, that allows for setting individual text notification sounds? I've seen this option on other android devices, but on my Note 3 (running alliancerom v6) it only gives the option for setting individual ringtones. I've used third party messaging apps (like Go sms) that allows for individual settings, but I'm tired of all the advertisements and spam that comes with those. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
8th August 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 525

492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrooman

Is there a way to update the contacts app, or install a third party one, that allows for setting individual text notification sounds? I've seen this option on other android devices, but on my Note 3 (running alliancerom v6) it only gives the option for setting individual ringtones. I've used third party messaging apps (like Go sms) that allows for individual settings, but I'm tired of all the advertisements and spam that comes with those. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Look into lucky patcher
8th August 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 16

62 posts
More
Quote:

Google Hangouts has support for individual chat message tone and I believe that works with text message too. Can you try that?
8th August 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 78

185 posts
More
Quote:

Contacts + it's a great contact/dialer/messaging replacement app, you can set individual notifications but it's got tons and tons of other features...definitely worth checking out if you haven't already
9th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Native Contacts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brisinger08

Contacts + it's a great contact/dialer/messaging replacement app, you can set individual notifications but it's got tons and tons of other features...definitely worth checking out if you haven't already

I believe you can set it up using your native contacts app....Go into your contacts and pick one, click on the little pencil thingy on the top right to edit the contact. If you look towards the bottom, i believe below the email or groups title, You have one that says ringtone and another below that one that says Message alert. There you can add a customized ringtone and message sound to that contact...Hope this helps

Rick
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread