Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Individual Text notifications

Tip us?

dgrooman
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Individual Text notifications

Is there a way to update the contacts app, or install a third party one, that allows for setting individual text notification sounds? I've seen this option on other android devices, but on my Note 3 (running alliancerom v6) it only gives the option for setting individual ringtones. I've used third party messaging apps (like Go sms) that allows for individual settings, but I'm tired of all the advertisements and spam that comes with those. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

mikep90
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrooman View Post
Is there a way to update the contacts app, or install a third party one, that allows for setting individual text notification sounds? I've seen this option on other android devices, but on my Note 3 (running alliancerom v6) it only gives the option for setting individual ringtones. I've used third party messaging apps (like Go sms) that allows for individual settings, but I'm tired of all the advertisements and spam that comes with those. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Look into lucky patcher

AlwaysNoob
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Google Hangouts has support for individual chat message tone and I believe that works with text message too. Can you try that?

brisinger08
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Contacts + it's a great contact/dialer/messaging replacement app, you can set individual notifications but it's got tons and tons of other features...definitely worth checking out if you haven't already

rixking
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Native Contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisinger08 View Post
Contacts + it's a great contact/dialer/messaging replacement app, you can set individual notifications but it's got tons and tons of other features...definitely worth checking out if you haven't already
I believe you can set it up using your native contacts app....Go into your contacts and pick one, click on the little pencil thingy on the top right to edit the contact. If you look towards the bottom, i believe below the email or groups title, You have one that says ringtone and another below that one that says Message alert. There you can add a customized ringtone and message sound to that contact...Hope this helps

Rick