Ask a question

No registration required

Issues with Installing Custom Rom's.

OP Happylice

10th July 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi everyone. I am new to installing custom roms and I have been working with my SM-N900A in trying to set up a custom ROM. I understand that the boot loader is locked, hence I followed the steps in order to root my device (towelroot) and install busybox, super su, and safe strap 3.71. I am using this version of safestrap because I am using Android 4.3.

Everything looks good at this point, I made a backup of my stock, and reboot into safestrap with no problem. I then choose a different Rom slot, factory reset, and then I follow the steps in applying the custom rom via the install button. I am not given any errors but when I reboot, nothing happens, all I see is a black screen after the galaxy note 3 logo. The blue LED on the upper right stays solid and nothing else.

I've tried this with several different roms: Fire, dynamic, etc. When downloading the files I make sure the checksum matches, although I am using a regular USB 2.0 cable I don't think that makes a difference.

Baseband version: n900aucubnb4
Andriod version 4.3

Any assistance is appreciated. I am thinking I am missing a simple step or what I am doing is not compatible.
10th July 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag ashland ky
Thanks Meter: 694

2,165 posts
More
Make sure you are only flashing jb roms if you are on jb
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45

Make sure you are only flashing jb roms if you are on jb

Although I was using JB rom's, the installs were not working. I eventually manually loaded KK through odin one click. Once I was in KK I used an updated version of safestrap and was finally able to load roms. Now I just have to start installing all of them to see which one I like. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread