How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Note 3 Battery died, now wont boot.

OP ant6893

25th July 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag lakeland
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
So I was at work and my phone had 5% battery left approximately so i shut it down to be able to use it right after my shift ends. So when my shift ended, i tried to boot my phone back up and it makes it to the ATT splash screen but will not go any farther. I rebooted into recovery mode and my phone showed battery at 1%. I placed my phone on the stock usb 3.0 charger and it showed that it was charging. i tried booting again after a while but it wont get past that splash screen. During the time that its stuck on the splash screen, the blue LED pulses.
Its been charging for an hour and the battery logo is showing at least 50% now but it still wont boot past that screen

Im on 4.4.2 and its rooted (i have the safestrap recovery). this has happened before but i didnt have the patience and reflashed the stock kitkat firmware through odin and re-rooted. I lost all my data and would like to avoid doing that again. any help would be greatly appreciated.
25th July 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant6893

So I was at work and my phone had 5% battery left approximately so i shut it down to be able to use it right after my shift ends. So when my shift ended, i tried to boot my phone back up and it makes it to the ATT splash screen but will not go any farther. I rebooted into recovery mode and my phone showed battery at 1%. I placed my phone on the stock usb 3.0 charger and it showed that it was charging. i tried booting again after a while but it wont get past that splash screen. During the time that its stuck on the splash screen, the blue LED pulses.
Its been charging for an hour and the battery logo is showing at least 50% now but it still wont boot past that screen

Im on 4.4.2 and its rooted (i have the safestrap recovery). this has happened before but i didnt have the patience and reflashed the stock kitkat firmware through odin and re-rooted. I lost all my data and would like to avoid doing that again. any help would be greatly appreciated.

have you tried booting with it connected to the charger?
26th July 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 157

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant6893

Can you get into Safestrap atleast or not?

DK 4.1, GPE Orange, Xposed, xgel, and other great extras
26th July 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag lakeland

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPINCARXx

Can you get into Safestrap atleast or not?

I tried everything with no luck. Ended up just reflashing my firmware again. I'd like to know what that issue was however, in case it happens again.
26th July 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #5  

92 posts
Alright, did you install any xposed modules or anything of that sort?

26th July 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag lakeland

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPINCARXx

Alright, did you install any xposed modules or anything of that sort?

i did not, it was 100% stock 4.4.2 firmware, rooted with towel root and safestrap 3.75
System tuner is an app i use, and i changed some build.prop info such as dalvik vm heap growth limit, start size, and wifi scan interval. but thats about it
26th July 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #7  

92 posts
Sorry for the late reply but these changes could simply be your problem. Though I am unsure of this it's really the only thing that would make sense besides a hardware issue

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread