[Q] Note 3 USB question (Soft Brick Related)

Search This thread

jivy26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2010
Google Pixel 7
I have been away from XDA for a while, however, I saw a Lollipop update for the Note 3. I went and updated, however, during the process I lost safestrap and the phone is Soft Bricked. It will boot into Stock Recovery and the Samsung logo.

The issue I am having is my USB port isn't being detected. I have re-installed numerous driver packages and tried every cable I own, 10 different cables. I also installed Windows to dual boot on my Mac and tried to see if maybe it was my wife's PC. Nothing is showing up in Odin and it shows as a unrecognized device.

I do recall a year or two ago, their being a cable you could buy that would rectify all of this and I cannot remember it for the life of me.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try to get the Note 3 booting back like normal before I go and buy a new phone?

Thanks!

andygev35

Jun 22, 2014
I have been away from XDA for a while, however, I saw a Lollipop update for the Note 3. I went and updated, however, during the process I lost safestrap and the phone is Soft Bricked. It will boot into Stock Recovery and the Samsung logo.

The issue I am having is my USB port isn't being detected. I have re-installed numerous driver packages and tried every cable I own, 10 different cables. I also installed Windows to dual boot on my Mac and tried to see if maybe it was my wife's PC. Nothing is showing up in Odin and it shows as a unrecognized device.

I do recall a year or two ago, their being a cable you could buy that would rectify all of this and I cannot remember it for the life of me.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try to get the Note 3 booting back like normal before I go and buy a new phone?

Thanks!
I might just be spitballing here, but I've had issues in the past using the USB ports on the front of my pc. Once I discovered that, I always used the ports on the back of the pc without any issues. Just a thought...

jivy26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2010
Google Pixel 7
I might just be spitballing here, but I've had issues in the past using the USB ports on the front of my pc. Once I discovered that, I always used the ports on the back of the pc without any issues. Just a thought...

Yeah I have tried every USB port on the Mac and PC. I am certain I will have to buy a new phone since the USB isn't being recognized. Also to be noted, I have not been able to mount the Note 3 USB as a Media device to transfer to/from since I bought it used.