Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Q&A for Dynamic Kat Rom [SM-N900A]

Tip us?

carl1961
Old
Thanks Meter 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Zero3forlife View Post
@carl1961 is one of your awesome tutorials able to work for this guy?

Thanks
Steve
@fastludeh22 these files or the factory OEM NC2 KitKat

[ROM][Guide][FULL ODIN FILES][AT&T][NC2][OTA Update Fix][Soft Brick FIX]

bri315317
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 14,772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastludeh22 View Post
Thanks for the quick response, but there is no backup checked that first. Did a quick search before posting on unrooting. I kept seeing if you rooted this way, or if you are on this rom this method will brick your device. Im looking for something I can flash with odin and be done. Will the newest factory img do that? I'll do more research on the forums tonight when I can, just didn't know if there was a specific way for this particular rom.

As far as dk5, if I was keeping the phone I probably would, as the little I used the phone it seems very smooth. I got the phone to resell it and I don't want to play tech support for the next owner.

Thanks

Also it's apparently already unlocked as I put my tmobile sim in and everything works.
Did you buy from another member of the forums, Cool that you bought a phone with DK on it

Sad that we lost another member of the family.

Good luck in restoring back to stock. I dont blame you for not wanting to do tech support for the next owner.

Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the Note 3 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!
Please USE the Official Q&A thread for Dynamic Kat on the Note 3 in this Thread.
Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the S5 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!

mbb49
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello all
Thank you for this rom, it's very stable and fast. I just got my Note 3 AT&T SM900A unlock on T-Mobile service a week ago, at first I was scare to flash it but reading a lot help me to have confident to do so, thanks to all the members. I can't post at the original thread, so i will do it here.
I have some questions to ask for help: I am on V5+S5 theme
I want to customize it now but I didn't see anything in the theme, how can I do it? mostly I like to change the icon etc..
Do they have a step by step to follow and any theme compatible for this rom?
Thanks for all your helps

PLAGWEZ
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Slow data

Phone: Samsung Note III
Carrier: AT&T
Rom: Dynamic Kat 4.4.2

"4G LTE" icon is there, but speedtest verifies I'm only receiving < 1 mbps download.

Mirror my wife's APN settings (S4) and also AT&T's recommended APN settings, to no avail. Speedtest on her phone concluded 30+ mbps down in area.

Any ideas? Radio?

Please help, thank you!

1Zero3forlife
Old
Thanks Meter 2,270

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAGWEZ View Post
Phone: Samsung Note III
Carrier: AT&T
Rom: Dynamic Kat 4.4.2

"4G LTE" icon is there, but speedtest verifies I'm only receiving < 1 mbps download.

Mirror my wife's APN settings (S4) and also AT&T's recommended APN settings, to no avail. Speedtest on her phone concluded 30+ mbps down in area.

Any ideas? Radio?

Please help, thank you!
Are you on a data limited plan or old unlimited plan? AT&T loves to throttle if you use a lot of data. I used to get throttled like crazy so I switched to the family share plan, I constantly see over 30 mbps all month.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Zero3forlife For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

minaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi there. I am about at my wit's end with DK Xtreme. I've factory reset it several times, had to fix a soft brick, and have wiped things enough times. I followed some things I found while searching the DK Xtreme thread, but can't seem to make it work for me.

My issues:

-I am getting System UI crashes when I load the phone app and attempt to make a call with it. Most of the time, it will not allow me to end the call, which forces me to reboot the device.
-Safestrap does not seem to want to install from my external SD card (this may be listed somewhere in the documentation, and if it is, I'm sorry for not seeing that)
-Everything that I have done, including factory resets and reinstallation of the ROM, has come up with very little to show for it. I still get the force close com.android.systemui and com.android.phone notifications.

The System UI crash itself is something I've tried to track down in the regular DynamicKat Xtreme thread, but while people have mentioned it, no one has seemed to come up with a definitive solution (that I can find).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1Zero3forlife
Old
Thanks Meter 2,270

DONATE TO ME
Make sure to flash on the stock rom slot if you are not. Safe Strap is why you cannot I stay from external SD.

When you install, go to advanced Wipe and wipe all but internal SD. Do that twice or three times. Next, install the rom, do not install any other things at this time. Wipe dalvik-cache and reboot. Let the phone sit for 10 minutes without touching it. Once you do that, go through the setup and stop. Reboot back into safestrap and install any extras, wipe dalvik-cache again and reboot. Let sit for 5 minutes. Try out the phone now.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Zero3forlife For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

minaa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Zero3forlife View Post
Make sure to flash on the stock rom slot if you are not. Safe Strap is why you cannot I stay from external SD.

When you install, go to advanced Wipe and wipe all but internal SD. Do that twice or three times. Next, install the rom, do not install any other things at this time. Wipe dalvik-cache and reboot. Let the phone sit for 10 minutes without touching it. Once you do that, go through the setup and stop. Reboot back into safestrap and install any extras, wipe dalvik-cache again and reboot. Let sit for 5 minutes. Try out the phone now.
I followed each step to the letter. I'm still having the same issues. :\