10th October 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 3,192

1,960 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=K5LK;55942242]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Zero3forlife

try clearing data and cache for the email app, if that doesn't work I may have another idea.

No go.... it is a random FC. Happens enough on my corporate e-mail to be somewhat a nuisance.
Tnx.

Stock email app, correct?
10th October 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
[QUOTE=1Zero3forlife;55944701]
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5LK

Stock email app, correct?

Yes. Ver 4.2
10th October 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #133  

1,960 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes. Ver 4.2

This is all I got

Flash in safe strap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhdjpyefe7...ail42.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps
Last edited by 1Zero3forlife; 11th October 2014 at 01:43 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Zero3forlife For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #134  

9 posts
Quote:

This is all I got

Flash in safe strap

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhdjpyefe7...ail42.zip?dl=0

Hope this helps

Gives error when I try to flash in Safestrap. Not a real big deal. Thinking about moving over to DK Xtreme.
Love the rom!
The Following User Says Thank You to K5LK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #135  

1,960 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Gives error when I try to flash in Safestrap. Not a real big deal. Thinking about moving over to DK Xtreme.
Love the rom!

I feel like an ass I uploaded the wrong one

I tested this one and it works fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg1ed91jpf...il42f.zip?dl=0
Last edited by 1Zero3forlife; 11th October 2014 at 03:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Zero3forlife For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th October 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #136  

9 posts
Quote:

I feel like an ass I uploaded the wrong one

I tested this one and it works fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lg1ed91jpf...il42f.zip?dl=0

I will give it a try. Tnx.
12th October 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #137  

9 posts
Quote:

I will give it a try. Tnx.

Looks like it fixed the FC's. Thanks much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K5LK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #138  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Bluetooth
On the 3.0 rom my s5 could connect to my portable speakers via bluetooth. After the update to 4.0, I can no longer connect via bluetooth. I searched the forum but did not find anything. Any ideas on what it could be? I am new at this stuff. Sorry wrong forum. I did not mean to hit send. Please delete this post
Last edited by zaklanders1@gmail.com; 7th November 2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: wrong forum
12th November 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
S Pen not being detected on Screen
Hii, I did a clean wipe on my n900a note 3 and then installed Dynamic KAt 6.0 in the stock rom slot, but after that my S pen is not working . The attach and detach sound is coming as well air command is opening on removal of S pen from the slot but the screen fails to detect the S Pen. No response to the S pen at all, I tried using my friends S Pen as well but the screen refuses to detect. Please Help!!!
Last edited by wildestdoc; 12th November 2014 at 06:45 PM.
19th November 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #140  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Problems installing DK 6.1.1 and 7.1.1
First... no, second post... did a lot of reading hoping that I didn't duplicate what someone else already posted...

I have been running Dynamic Kat 4.0 since June or so... life has been busy.
Attempt 1:
Read the forums made the backups took me forever to install Safestrap 3.75 (took me a while to realize I could install 3.75 and use that to uninstall the 3.72 that was already on the system from the DK 4.0 install and re-install) Then I did a backup in Safestrap so I had a good return point. Downloaded DK 7.1.1 and did the factory reset, and installed 7.1.1 did a reboot and the setup would never get past the "android" blinking. Waited about 45 min and did a shutdown (held power button for 6 seconds) when the phone came backup figured I did something wrong so I did it again. Factory reset, installed DK 7.1.1 and rebooted this time I waited about 1 hour and still nothing. Went back to the forums and found a post that recommended wiping everything but the sd card and then do the 7.1.1 install. So I tried that in addition to wiping Dalvik and cache post install then rebooted. This time the phone hung at the opening Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It never went past the power on.
Due to this I couldn't get back in to Safestrap to recover or try something else. Found a link to use Odin to undo the soft brick (thanks carl1961). Took a wile to fine the root, installed busybox, tried to install safestrap 3.75 many times... took a while to realize that my SE Status was Enforcing and that was causing problems... found a SE_Status_Change_via_kmem.sh (thanks Walter.White for that one) and then had to relearn the linux commands to use the Status Change script. Finaly managed that and got Safestrap installed. rebooted and tried to install DK 6.1.1
That seemed to work but hardly got through the setup when I got the message "Unfortunately, the Process com.android.systemui has stopped". After that it was all I could do to reboot. got back into safestrap and was out of time. So i recovered back to DK 4.0

Attempt 2:
Downloaded a fresh copy of DK 7.1.1 and tried again.
Wipe Dalvik and cache, Factory Reset, install DK 7.1.1, wipe Dalvik and cache again and then reboot.
Same result as before could get to the blinking android and would never move on from that.

Downloaded a freash copy of DK 6.1.1 with the same method as above and had the same com.android.systemui has stopped message.
Decided to give the full wipe (everything except the sd card) and install DK 6.1.1 from that except this time it hug at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 start-up screen. using Odin method to recover again and the process to get back to safestrap to recover back to DK 4.0 again...

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

Edit 11/19/2014
So I may have figured out the problem... The files I was trying to use to update my Note 3 are:
GPETheme7.1.0.zip and GPETheam6.1.1.zip
With goldmantisak's mediaflie link for the rom files I realized that I was trying to use the theam files in place of the rom files... downloading the ROM now and will try again in a few hours... have to love a slow WLAN connection.

Edit 11/20/2014
That was the problem... i installed DK 7.1.8 on Rom Slot 1 to test this morning with no problems. I will backup and install correctly tonight.
Last edited by GreaseM0nk; 20th November 2014 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Updated info.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread