Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bobcat Rom questions V7

Tip us?

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Bobcat Rom questions V7

Quick question. Since drake got banned and I can't ask questions on the thread I have 2 questions. 1. Is there a fix for nfc/sbeam and auto rotation and 2. Is there anybody skilled enough to port Bobcats Rom (with his blessings of course). It would be much appreciated if this rom got its long overdue update.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to killacam1989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidw8818
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I know drake was the man at porting roms from the International note 3 but it seems he has abandoned all of his ports and none are up to date. Is there anyone willing to port some of the great roms out there? It seems like our choices of roms are limited. I would love to see the new X-Note and BobCat roms as well as a few more. <br />
<br />
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app<br/> u forgot to mention xnote hopefully someone wil port that rom over as well in the future since we have kitkat Odin now.

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
[/QUOTE] u forgot to mention xnote hopefully someone wil port that rom over as well in the future since we have kitkat Odin now.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned X note. I would port these suckers myself but I have no idea where to start.

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 671
you do know you can flash bobcats theme

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
you do know you can flash bobcats theme
What do you mean? I know you can flash the theme I already have it installed.

killacam1989
Old
(Last edited by killacam1989; 10th August 2014 at 08:32 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
And to answer my own question. I found both fixes. The wifi/nfc fix is here http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/74f88da21978feed and the screen rotation fix is here. Or if it doesn't direct download the link is posted in the second post highlighted libgnustl_shared.so http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1392504821

fleetwod
Old
Thanks Meter 9
You probably already saw this but this post seems to walk you through using a t mobile rom on at&t.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554411

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwod View Post
You probably already saw this but this post seems to walk you through using a t mobile rom on at&t.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2554411
Although I know this is possible I had a VERY bad experience trying to flash other varient roms on my previous att note 2 and I jacked it up (and I'm def not a noob at flashing). In the end I couldnt even make phone calls because I think with all that flashing of modems and baseband it corrupted the radio and even stock odin flashing could not fix it. It took me 4 months before I gave up and sold it and I just got this one a few months ago. I dont plan going through that nightmare again lol. Only official ports or roms that are specifically for the sm-n900a for me buddy but thanks for the reference.

The Following User Says Thank You to killacam1989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidw8818
Old
Thanks Meter 5
*bump* any devs out there willing to port xnote in the future?

killacam1989
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Nobodys messing with bobcats rom. Best complete fully themed rom out.