Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more
Post Reply

[Q] phone bought off random guy

OP pcguy101

4th September 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
ihi im new here and i was wondering if some one can amswer me one question. can the person still report the phone stolen after i registered phone with at&t i just sign up today on post paid no contract plan?
4th September 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
warfenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I would yes depending on the circumstances. IF it was sold and payment was not received/revoked I could see it being possible. But if it was clean and there is proof of purchase/receipt of payment then no.

Best guess.
4th September 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfenix

I would yes depending on the circumstances. IF it was sold and payment was not received/revoked I could see it being possible. But if it was clean and there is proof of purchase/receipt of payment then no.

Best guess.

Thanks i bought it free and clear from the guy but a liitle skeptical since my buddy bought a iphone 5 and later it became useless and disabled the sim and suspended his line of serves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
4th September 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #4  
warfenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy101

Thanks i bought it free and clear from the guy but a liitle skeptical since my buddy bought a iphone 5 and later it became useless and disabled the sim and suspended his line of serves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I would call the att service center and ask to be sure. Did you get a bill of sales at all even through it was free
(should always get one)
4th September 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfenix

I would call the att service center and ask to be sure. Did you get a bill of sales at all even through it was free
(should always get one)

No i dont have one , he seem honest and had kids with him bit who knows desperate people do this type of stuff but i'm just asking i thought if you register your phone with at&t it becomes yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
4th September 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #6  
warfenix's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy101

No i dont have one , he seem honest and had kids with him bit who knows desperate people do this type of stuff but i'm just asking i thought if you register your phone with at&t it becomes yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Eh... possible. I would imagine that since it was allowed to be registered you should be fine. I would call att like I said and ask them specifically.
The Following User Says Thank You to warfenix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfenix

Eh... possible. I would imagine that since it was allowed to be registered you should be fine. I would call att like I said and ask them specifically.

Ok i will thanks for replying i appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
4th September 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #8  
Kamau54's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag From where the wind begins....
Thanks Meter: 286
 
1,333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
You really should listen to that inner voice next time, because you seem hesitant now, and you were probably then. It may all be just fine, but next time, remember Swappa, Amazon or eBay.
Good luck

Sent from where the wind begins....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes