Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Port Request

Tip us?
 
Finisher1214
Old
(Last edited by Finisher1214; 24th August 2014 at 11:03 PM.)
#1  
Finisher1214's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 69
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Android

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Port Request

I came across a very interesting rom on the S4 and was wondering if any dev's would be interested to get permission to port it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...4-4-4-t2855206
 
lildoggs
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 418
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher1214 View Post
I came across a very interesting rom on the S4 and was wondering if any dev's would be interested to get permission to port it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...4-4-4-t2855206
That's a nice rom but with the locked kernel and bootloader we can't flash anything but touch wiz based roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Face_Plant
Old
#3  
Face_Plant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 420
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs View Post
That's a nice rom but with the locked kernel and bootloader we can't flash anything but touch wiz based roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I believe that is a Touch Wiz based ROM, similar to our Dynamic Kat Xtreme found in the development section. If you read closely it mentions flashing it in Safestrap. The S4 has a locked bootloader just like us and is forced to use Safestrap and Touch Jizz based ROMs too.
 
lildoggs
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 418
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face_Plant View Post
I believe that is a Touch Wiz based ROM, similar to our Dynamic Kat Xtreme found in the development section. If you read closely it mentions flashing it in Safestrap. The S4 has a locked bootloader just like us and is forced to use Safestrap and Touch Jizz based ROMs too.
Sorry if I'm wrong but to date we have no touch wiz ota roms for any samsung phone that's 4.4.4 I might be mistaken though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes