Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,314 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Forgot to make nandroid of NC2, any way to return to stock AT&T???

Tip us?

jreed3786
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default [Q] Forgot to make nandroid of NC2, any way to return to stock AT&T???

I took the NC2 update...I then towelrooted, installed safestrap...then installed a custom rom. I realized I didn't nandroid backup my stock system...am I now screwed for restoring it to stock???
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 on AT&T
Running : Dynamic Kat 4.1 [ThunderKat Edition][GPE 4.1 + 4 Colors][S5 2.1][7/11/2014]GREAT BATTERY LIFE! BEST KITKAT ROM TO DATE!!!
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
I guess you didn't like my answer to your previous post which was the same question. Sorry

jreed3786
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
I guess you didn't like my answer to your previous post which was the same question. Sorry
Nah...I did...but they were wrong, apparently. When I asked that question, I was NOT on the A3 bootloader. I got fixed a different way, then decided to update manually to 4.4.2 NC2, then flash a custom rom. I then forgot to nandroid the NC2 official rom.

Regardless, when I went to BestBuy, the Samsung rep said no matter what, even if unrooted, they couldn't flash the official NC2 over it, it would brick the phone. Were they full of it???
Running : Dynamic Kat 4.1 [ThunderKat Edition][GPE 4.1 + 4 Colors][S5 2.1][7/11/2014]GREAT BATTERY LIFE! BEST KITKAT ROM TO DATE!!!
THANKS to ALL of the very unselfish and awesome devs who work so tirelessly to bring us a smorgasbord of tasty roms!!! Thank you, kang gang!!!
Bye bye, G1, MT3GSlide, Vibrant, Sensation 4G, Tmo Galaxy S II, AT&T Galaxy S III, and AT&T Note 2 and LG Optimus G Pro...was nice knowin' ya.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreed3786 View Post
Nah...I did...but they were wrong, apparently. When I asked that question, I was NOT on the A3 bootloader. I got fixed a different way, then decided to update manually to 4.4.2 NC2, then flash a custom rom. I then forgot to nandroid the NC2 official rom.

Regardless, when I went to BestBuy, the Samsung rep said no matter what, even if unrooted, they couldn't flash the official NC2 over it, it would brick the phone. Were they full of it???
The o.p. of that thread was on the official nc2 with the a3 bootloader. So forgive me for assuming you were too.

I wouldn't say the bestbuy guys were completely full of it. I believe they are uneducated. I've read a few posts of rooted users saying bestbuy fixed them up. I've also read posts of users saying bestbuy couldn't. I went to one just to ask before I updated, and my bestbuy guy was completely ignorant! He didn't even know what the custom padlock meant. One day I traveled for vacation and stopped by a different one, and the bestbuy guy said he could update me. So basically we're limited to the education level of our local bestbuy Samsung guy. After all they are trained to be salesman, not repairman. If the guy doesn't know what he's doing, it's easier for him to say no.

My previous android experience tells me that if you have the proper tar files, you won't brick it. No matter how botched up it was before.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cod3L1ne
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Fix it yourself.... Grab mlg.tar 4.4.2 and Odin flash that.. I did the same thing works perfect...

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ

Phone: Note 2

TouchWiz: 4.3
Software number:
Kernel version: 2.1.2
Baseband version: MK6
Build number: 3.1.1
Recovery: TWRP

The Following User Says Thank You to Cod3L1ne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jreed3786
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod3L1ne View Post
Fix it yourself.... Grab mlg.tar 4.4.2 and Odin flash that.. I did the same thing works perfect...

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
So... do you have a link that you can pm me for the download??? I can go from custom NC2 to MLG without tripping knox??? Then update back to official NC2 4.4.2?

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So... do you have a link that you can pm me for the download??? I can go from custom NC2 to MLG without tripping knox??? Then update back to official NC2 4.4.2?
MLG is the leaked kit Kat build. It's not an official firmware. Here's a link to that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619941

jreed3786
Old
(Last edited by jreed3786; 7th July 2014 at 05:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
MLG is the leaked kit Kat build. It's not an official firmware. Here's a link to that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2619941
Here's an odin link for MLG leaked, http://nasirtech.blogspot.com/2014/0...e-3-n900a.html but wouldn't this trip knox if I'm on a custom NC2 firmware with A3 bootloader?? Never mind...it's the same file....lol.

jreed3786
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot]Fused 3 > Binary 2

It ain't happening.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Here's an odin link for MLG leaked, http://nasirtech.blogspot.com/2014/0...e-3-n900a.html but wouldn't this trip knox if I'm on a custom NC2 firmware with A3 bootloader?? Never mind...it's the same file....lol.
In my personal opinion I think urdroid is a better experience then the MLG leak. Urdroid is a slightly modified stock NC2.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703006