Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recommned a file editor

Tip us?

rxv73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Recommned a file editor

Can anyone recommend a file editor? I'm trying to update a feature.xml file using es file explorer. I can open the file and make a change. But it doesn't save it. It just says can't save. I'm rooted and have supersu installed.

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxv73 View Post
Can anyone recommend a file editor? I'm trying to update a feature.xml file using es file explorer. I can open the file and make a change. But it doesn't save it. It just says can't save. I'm rooted and have supersu installed.
You have to change system properties before you can save files in the system folder.

In Es File explorer click the menu button and open tools. Scroll down to root explorer and turn it on. Then tap it and select Mount R/W. Change "/system" to be RW and hit OK.

Now any file in the system folder can be edited, written, saved, or deleted so be careful. Once you are finished editing repeat the process to mount "system" as RO. Depending on what you did you may need to reboot for changes to take effect.
The Following User Says Thank You to 440bro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rxv73
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440bro View Post
You have to change system properties before you can save files in the system folder.

In Es File explorer click the menu button and open tools. Scroll down to root explorer and turn it on. Then tap it and select Mount R/W. Change "/system" to be RW and hit OK.

Now any file in the system folder can be edited, written, saved, or deleted so be careful. Once you are finished editing repeat the process to mount "system" as RO. Depending on what you did you may need to reboot for changes to take effect.
Great Thanks. It's working now.