Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TROUBLE Rom/Backups/safestrap/trouble

Tip us?

marknderm
Old
(Last edited by marknderm; 16th July 2014 at 06:28 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default TROUBLE Rom/Backups/safestrap/trouble

I have rooted my note 3 N900A with towelroot and installed safestrap v3.75 .
Everything seems to have installed correctly, when I check to see if I have root with root checker pro, it says I have root and that I have busybox installed as well.

When I go into safestraps/recovery and do a backup of my stock slot. Everything works for the backup. But then when I try to install a rom in any one of the slots it goes through the whole process just fine until the very end when it says in red fail.

It does the fail with every rom that I try to install. And if I try to do a restore in any slot with the backup that I made in the recovery it will fail as well.

So this just leaves me with having to use the stock slot with the original stock phone software.

Also when I try to install titanium backup on my phone that is saying it's rooted, The app won't work because it says that I don't have root. There was another app that would not work when I tried to instead it too because life the same reason. It said that I don't have root as well.

After trying to look for a solution to this, I found that there is an app that I could try to fix what has happened, called
SELinux Mode Changer
After I installed that app and tried to use it. The app made it look like it was working but really it was not doing anything. When I went into the phone info in settings, it still said that selinux was still enforcing.

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? I would really like to be able to install a new rom on one of the other slots, heck ide settle for being able to put my stock backup on one of the other slots besides the stock slot.

Sent from my Rooted AT&T N900A Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Using XDA Premium HD app

Happylice
Old
(Last edited by Happylice; 16th July 2014 at 11:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I ran into a similar situation.. After wiping everything and then manually updating my stock to Kit Kat (MLG) I was then able to load custom roms in available slots. I used safestrap version 3.72 along with busy box. Also be sure to format the slot and wipe the cache and dalvik after installation.

The only ROM I am unable to install is Dynamic Kat xtreme. After loading that guy, the flash just fails.

marknderm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
UPDATE: I for unknown reasons to me, was able to successfully install one of my restore files to slot 1. Then after it reboots the phone acts as if it is restarting correctly, but ason as it gets past the safestrap logo with recovery/startup. It goes right into the phones recovery, and it keeps saying that it is installing "multiple csc or something.

Can someone help me with this?

Happylice
Old
Thanks Meter 0
After hitting rock bottom with many of the roms, I finally checked out my external sdcard and realized that it was having issues. After using a different card, I was then able to install all roms for testing.

AndroidBeginNinja
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had to downgrade safe strap to 3.72 for it to work on my device.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app with Dynamic Kat 4.2 the kat is awesome.

marknderm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
For some strange reason everything stayed to work and I have no idea how..but I now have another problem the aliancerom that i installed on slot 1 works fine with the exception that the aliancerom that i installed won't let the wifi work. After i put in the info for the at&t 3g, The phone's 3g worked but the home wifi won't. Any ideas?

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknderm View Post
For some strange reason everything stayed to work and I have no idea how..but I now have another problem the aliancerom that i installed on slot 1 works fine with the exception that the aliancerom that i installed won't let the wifi work. After i put in the info for the at&t 3g, The phone's 3g worked but the home wifi won't. Any ideas?

if it is the kk version it needs to be installed in the stock slot other slots do not work with kk yet