Roms

OP capt8210

2nd September 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
I use my phone for work constantly using my browser. What rom improves battery life as I am using it hard all day?
2nd September 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Houma, LA
Thanks Meter: 2,394

4,464 posts
Donate to Me
More
That really depends on how you use it, what apps you have, etc. We can't tell you what to use.

However, DynamicKat 5.0 is a very popular ROM to use.

I must insist that you pick what works best for you, though. I risk sounding like a dick here, but these threads are sort of frowned upon because they can lead to flame wars and whatnot.

Just pick a ROM to use for a week. Test it, put it through its paces, etc. Then change it up to something else.
2nd September 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
Basically I use chrome alot I am an installer technician for charter and my programs run threw the browser
2nd September 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Houma, LA
Thanks Meter: 2,394

4,464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well... While you are testing keep a charger in your service vehicle. That way, if it's low, you can charge it up a bit while on the job.
2nd September 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 241

1,277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graydiggy

Well... While you are testing keep a charger in your service vehicle. That way, if it's low, you can charge it up a bit while on the job.

Agree... he is right though. .everyones results vary from rom to rom. Currently on FireKat and get great battery life. There are several there that do similar usage to you (on net a lot, forums, etc) and they get 7+hrs of screen on time (1-2days battery)... but at 7hrs, that should easily get you through your day and then charge at night..

seen similar results on DynamicKat as well, and even seen someone on Stock that just deleted bloat and did the other set up processes and gets 8+ hours of screen time on a stock rom.. so, as can see, results will vary

but again agree, just keep a charger with you if a huge issue.. or you can get a portable brick charger as well, and hook up to that if can't hook up to a car or something.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread