[Q] Semi-bricked my phone using SafeStrap :(

OP Themajesticking

7th July 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 5

26 posts
More
I've been modding androids, iphones, and windows phones for years now but I somehow ended up to finally brick a phone.

So I was running stock 4.3 rooted on my N900A and decided to install SafeStrap 3.71 in order to upgrade to Knoxraid. I followed this guide (kind of):

http://galaxynote3root.com/att-galax...galaxy-note-3/

Everything went well and I got SafeStrap but I installed the rom to Rom Slot 1 instead of the Stock Rom slot., I rebooted into the regular download mode. Everything went okay with the install but after flashing the ODIN files I noticed that SafeStrap no longer booted to the recovery menu (of course). Knoxraid installed just fine but after booting into the rom I noticed that it would soft-reboot every 20-30 seconds. I couldn't get into Settings>General>Security. I couldn't load any apps because it rebooted too fast. It was basically useless. I booted into recovery mode to try and reload the rom there. Now I just get a black screen on bootup.

I think my saving grace might be that I took a backup of my phone using SafeStrap before I made any changes. However, how can I apply that backup without SafeStrap?

HELP!!
Last edited by Themajesticking; 7th July 2014 at 07:11 PM.
7th July 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD

26 posts
More
I've done this before and I'm wondering if I can do it again

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715
7th July 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD

26 posts
More
Okay I've made some progress. After restoring the original MJ5 ODIN files in the above link, SafeStrap came up after the reboot!!!!!! Now I'm doing a restore.in SafeStrap. I should be all set but I'll update in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.
7th July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Baltimore, MD

26 posts
More
It worked flawlessly after that. I followed the instructions to the letter and now everything is working perfectly!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
knoxraid safestrap n900a bootloop brick
Previous Thread Next Thread