Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,926 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Semi-bricked my phone using SafeStrap :(

Tip us?

Themajesticking
Old
(Last edited by Themajesticking; 7th July 2014 at 06:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Semi-bricked my phone using SafeStrap :(

I've been modding androids, iphones, and windows phones for years now but I somehow ended up to finally brick a phone.

So I was running stock 4.3 rooted on my N900A and decided to install SafeStrap 3.71 in order to upgrade to Knoxraid. I followed this guide (kind of):

http://galaxynote3root.com/att-galax...galaxy-note-3/

Everything went well and I got SafeStrap but I installed the rom to Rom Slot 1 instead of the Stock Rom slot., I rebooted into the regular download mode. Everything went okay with the install but after flashing the ODIN files I noticed that SafeStrap no longer booted to the recovery menu (of course). Knoxraid installed just fine but after booting into the rom I noticed that it would soft-reboot every 20-30 seconds. I couldn't get into Settings>General>Security. I couldn't load any apps because it rebooted too fast. It was basically useless. I booted into recovery mode to try and reload the rom there. Now I just get a black screen on bootup.

I think my saving grace might be that I took a backup of my phone using SafeStrap before I made any changes. However, how can I apply that backup without SafeStrap?

HELP!!
-Chris

Samsung Galaxy Note III (N900A)
AT&T

Themajesticking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I've done this before and I'm wondering if I can do it again

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715
-Chris

AT&T

Themajesticking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Okay I've made some progress. After restoring the original MJ5 ODIN files in the above link, SafeStrap came up after the reboot!!!!!! Now I'm doing a restore.in SafeStrap. I should be all set but I'll update in case anyone else has the same issue in the future.
-Chris

AT&T

Themajesticking
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It worked flawlessly after that. I followed the instructions to the letter and now everything is working perfectly!
-Chris

AT&T
Tags
knoxraid safestrap n900a bootloop brick