Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot send or receive MMS (possibly since root)

Tip us?

master565
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot send or receive MMS (possibly since root)

I don't use MMS often, so I can't say for sure root had anything to do with this, but I haven't been able to send or receive MMS messages for a few weeks now. I've looked around for a bit, and the only solution I see is to make sure your data is working and your wifi is off, both of which I've done. If anyone else has been having this problem recently and has been able to solve it, please let me know.

egyan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by master565 View Post
I don't use MMS often, so I can't say for sure root had anything to do with this, but I haven't been able to send or receive MMS messages for a few weeks now. I've looked around for a bit, and the only solution I see is to make sure your data is working and your wifi is off, both of which I've done. If anyone else has been having this problem recently and has been able to solve it, please let me know.
Yes I have this same issue. The only thing other than root that I did was disable CarrierIQ as outlined in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2774730

I can't receive group texts or any MMS for that matter.

My APN is default.

SonOfAnarchy0210
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same problem. Really bugged me bc I usually HATE 3rd party message apps. Gave Chomp SMS a try though and I love it. Made it my default and it is much better than the stock messaging app.

XtremeLife
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Had the same problem. Was running Textra, and after root, no MMS. Once I deleted AdBlocker, no more issues.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XtremeLife For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]