Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Very weird problem Please help

Tip us?

Granger77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Very weird problem Please help

A good friend asked me to root his note 3, he was on mj5 at the time, everything worked like a charm using vroot. Now he wants to update to kitkat so i downloaded the rom file and odin files from another thread thinking it would be easy,i looked at his build and fimware and its nb4 now but still android version 4.3 so i tried to install safestrap says it installs but wont boot into it so i backed everything up using titanium and factory wiped it from the actual recovery still no luck how can i update this thing

ant6893
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger77 View Post
A good friend asked me to root his note 3, he was on mj5 at the time, everything worked like a charm using vroot. Now he wants to update to kitkat so i downloaded the rom file and odin files from another thread thinking it would be easy,i looked at his build and fimware and its nb4 now but still android version 4.3 so i tried to install safestrap says it installs but wont boot into it so i backed everything up using titanium and factory wiped it from the actual recovery still no luck how can i update this thing
towel root. you have to get that first. once you do so and reboot, you can install safestrap recovery

Granger77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Even though it's still rooted after a full wipe

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger77 View Post
Even though it's still rooted after a full wipe
to get kitkat do this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701062 or this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2703006

Granger77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrycoffman45 View Post
Yeah no luck lost root odin keeps failing I told him to just bring it back to at&t and have them try to update it he still has warranty thank you though for all the help