Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bug@ kitkat update(solved)-note 3 neo N750

Tip us?
 
HardikJ
Old
(Last edited by HardikJ; 18th August 2014 at 10:58 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default Bug@ kitkat update(solved)-note 3 neo N750

Day 1- bug 1

System ui crashed when trying to open watchon app.
On opening the app, got an error message for the crash after which the UI restarts.
On second attempt to open the app it works.
Solution:clear the cache and app data and then open the app it will work fine
The Following User Says Thank You to HardikJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Evil Eye
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 213
Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanks for the solution.. helped me

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Nokia 3315-> Siemens M55-> Nokia 6610-> Nokia 6600-> i-mate K-JAM-> Nokia N91-> Blackberry Bold 9790-> Samsung Galaxy Pro-> Samsung Galaxy Chat-> iPhone 5-> Motorola Razr Maxx-> Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
 
maxzeroedge
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2013
Well, for me the bug was more like sudden restarts. I still can't find the exact reason, but it could be an issue of phone heating.

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Evil Eye
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 213
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxzeroedge View Post
Well, for me the bug was more like sudden restarts. I still can't find the exact reason, but it could be an issue of phone heating.

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Try resetting system cache.. follow the below steps.

Turn off the phone.
Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
In the recovery menu, navigate to ‘’wipe cache partition’’ with the volume buttons.
Press power button to confirm.
Once this is done, select reboot system now.


Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Nokia 3315-> Siemens M55-> Nokia 6610-> Nokia 6600-> i-mate K-JAM-> Nokia N91-> Blackberry Bold 9790-> Samsung Galaxy Pro-> Samsung Galaxy Chat-> iPhone 5-> Motorola Razr Maxx-> Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo
 
maxzeroedge
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Try resetting system cache.. follow the below steps.

Turn off the phone.
Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
In the recovery menu, navigate to ‘’wipe cache partition’’ with the volume buttons.
Press power button to confirm.
Once this is done, select reboot system now.


Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Nah, Didn't help.
 
cr4zy.b0y
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 536
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxzeroedge View Post
Nah, Didn't help.
Make a factory reset or two. When I was flashing a rom on my old galaxy s1 I used to wipe 3 times before flashing. Just wipe once , let it boot and wipe again

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Current Devices:
-> Samsung Note 3 Neo
-> Asus TF300T WW - CROMIX POWERED and Nokia Lumia 720 - sold
-> 5 years old baby - MSI EX300X - Core2Duo P7350 , ATI HD3450
-> ASUS G750JX - Core i7, 8 GB RAM, GTX 770m 3GB
Retired: Nokia 3310, Nokia 3100, Sony-Ericsson K750i and C905, HTC Blackstone HD, Samsung i9000
 
maxzeroedge
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 44
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4zy.b0y View Post
Make a factory reset or two. When I was flashing a rom on my old galaxy s1 I used to wipe 3 times before flashing. Just wipe once , let it boot and wipe again

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Free mobile app
Nah, that didn't help either. A little research over the internet tolkd me that there's a bug with 4.4.2 play services. I disabled it about 4 hours back and so far no restarts. Actually, last time after wipe, the problem started when I used an app that used google sign-in (Piano tiles)
 
Mike nammvard
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 17
Join Date: Aug 2014
I have a problem with thise new kitkat update it wont let me install 3rd party apps is there some one can help me please

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Evil Eye
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 213
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike nammvard View Post
I have a problem with thise new kitkat update it wont let me install 3rd party apps is there some one can help me please

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Go to settings-general-security-unknown resources.. turn it on.. hope it helps

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Nokia 3315-> Siemens M55-> Nokia 6610-> Nokia 6600-> i-mate K-JAM-> Nokia N91-> Blackberry Bold 9790-> Samsung Galaxy Pro-> Samsung Galaxy Chat-> iPhone 5-> Motorola Razr Maxx-> Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes