Post Reply

Post Support for Note 3 Neo Duos (SM-N7502), Chainfire CFAUTOROOT Available Now!

OP TASL

16th May 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
TASL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 22
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I have tried every root technique possible, even the De La Vega method from the OG Note 3, with no success. The N750/N7505 use an Exynos chip that makes the CFAUTOROOT and TWRP builds for those models incompatible with the Qualcomm Duos version.

I've posted the recovery.img in Chainfire's thread, posted my question in the de la vega thread, and requested a TWRP in bigbiff's thread.

Are there any other users searching for support? Is there a way for a non-programmer to create a root solution from guides on XDA? I hope someone takes some interest in this device to at least get root and hopefully a custom recovery for backups. Cheers.
Last edited by TASL; 22nd May 2014 at 10:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TASL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 4
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
I would glad at least for root.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk
16th May 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Lagos
Thanks Meter: 24
 
259 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
I desperately want to root my Neo SM-N7502 as well. I nearly bricked mine when I tried the Chainfire root file for N750 - it failed to root and would no longer boot. I had to resort to Samsung's recovery procedure.
19th May 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
I alao tried vroot and oneclick root with no success. Tried chainfire root for 7505 and bricked the phone. So reflashing the original Samsung rom by rom.. Asmed chainfire in his thread and Google+ but atill no answer...

Any further guide will be highly appreciated...
19th May 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 4
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
It looks like we have no root possibility right now.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsawoseyin

I desperately want to root my Neo SM-N7502 as well. I nearly bricked mine when I tried the Chainfire root file for N750 - it failed to root and would no longer boot. I had to resort to Samsung's recovery procedure.


Hello everybody.
I have tried to root my Neo SM-N7502 using the N750 CF Auto Root and of course it failed. Now my phone is bricked.
When I tried to update the firmware using Kies, the process is failing giving me a message that my device's version cannot be updated. I'm now stuck and I don't know what to do next and my device is still bricked. Any ides?

Thank you,
Daniel
19th May 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
20 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsader

Hello everybody.
I have tried to root my Neo SM-N7502 using the N750 CF Auto Root and of course it failed. Now my phone is bricked.
When I tried to update the firmware using Kies, the process is failing giving me a message that my device's version cannot be updated. I'm now stuck and I don't know what to do next and my device is still bricked. Any ides?

Thank you,
Daniel


Hi. You just download the original rom and flash it with odin.

It worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alif1448 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #8  
TASL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 22
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498850

According to this thread from the Note 3 forum, the script"[will] create Root de la Vega for any device that has the necessary hooks." I have downloaded the appropriate stock ROM for the SM-N7502, successfully run the script (which indicates that the necessary system hooks exist), and successfully booted up with the modified ROM.

After that, the thread says to copy over the ROOT files to the sdcard, reboot, then remove the ROOT files, and reboot a final time. The end result, no ROOT. Can someone take a look at the ROOT files and see if we can adjust anything to make it work for our device?

Somehow, the script does not execute the SH file from the ROOT files after reboot... but I do not understand why.
Last edited by TASL; 20th May 2014 at 08:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TASL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
root note n7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by TASL

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498850

According to this thread from the Note 3 forum, the script"[will] create Root de la Vega for any device that has the necessary hooks." I have downloaded the appropriate stock ROM for the SM-N7502, successfully run the script (which indicates that the necessary system hooks exist), and successfully booted up with the modified ROM.

After that, the thread says to copy over the ROOT files to the sdcard, reboot, then remove the ROOT files, and reboot a final time. The end result, no ROOT. Can someone take a look at the ROOT files and see if we can adjust anything to make it work for our device?

Somehow, the script does not execute the SH file from the ROOT files after reboot... but I do not understand why.

root note n7502 http://download.chainfire.eu/433/CF-...xx-smn7502.zip
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to سامي12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #10  
TASL's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 22
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by سامي12

root note n7502 http://download.chainfire.eu/433/CF-...xx-smn7502.zip

Thank you for creating an account to let us know he created a root for us! Just rooted my SM-N7502

The Following User Says Thank You to TASL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes