FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] rooting methods for sm-n7502

4th July 2014, 01:34 PM |#1  
OP Member
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I know there are a couple of ways to root the non dual sim version, but as the title goes, is there any method for the dual sim variant? TIA!

Sent from my SM-N7502 using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
4th July 2014, 02:53 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Have you tried root by Chainfire ?
http://download.chainfire.eu/433/CF-...xx-smn7502.zip

Just flash it via Odin as PDA and it should work fine
4th July 2014, 03:42 PM |#3  
OP Member
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I'm very much tempted to root as kitkat is nowhere in sight. But just in case kitkat update do come, can I still update OTA?

Factory reset and clearing data is definitely not an option for me.

Sent from my SM-N7502 using XDA Free mobile app
5th July 2014, 08:28 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bOkz

I'm very much tempted to root as kitkat is nowhere in sight. But just in case kitkat update do come, can I still update OTA?

Factory reset and clearing data is definitely not an option for me.

Sent from my SM-N7502 using XDA Free mobile app

Once rooted Device status would change from Official to Custom . There is hack to change it back and trick the phone to download OTA but I'm not sure if it would install .

Instead of worrying about all this , I would rather manually flash the firmware via Odin once kitkat is available
5th July 2014, 12:57 PM |#5  
OP Member
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshishere

Once rooted Device status would change from Official to Custom . There is hack to change it back and trick the phone to download OTA but I'm not sure if it would install .

Instead of worrying about all this , I would rather manually flash the firmware via Odin once kitkat is available

Yeah that's what I'm actually thinking but will I need to factory reset then?

Sent from my SM-N7502 using XDA Free mobile app
5th July 2014, 01:00 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,029
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bOkz

Yeah that's what I'm actually thinking but will I need to factory reset then?

Sent from my SM-N7502 using XDA Free mobile app

You can flash without loosing any data and due to KNOX you'll not be able to downgrade the firmware
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes