Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Recognising finger while not touching screen

Tip us?

cgprince06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Screen Recognising finger while not touching screen

Is there anyone els experiencing the same "problem" (not sure if it is a problem or can be disabled) sometimes while using the phone not always tho I can scroll through the broser or any other app im using without touching the screen just by hovering my finger over the screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408369813535.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (46.3 KB, 63 views)

Evil Eye
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Its a feature called air view not a problem.. go to settings-> controls-> air view.. disable it..

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408394775138.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (88.5 KB, 37 views)
Nokia 3315-> Siemens M55-> Nokia 6610-> Nokia 6600-> i-mate K-JAM-> Nokia N91-> Blackberry Bold 9790-> Samsung Galaxy Pro-> Samsung Galaxy Chat-> iPhone 5-> Motorola Razr Maxx-> Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo

cgprince06
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have air view already disabled but it still happens... while browsing sometimes 2 3 times in a week for a of couple seconds but on lockscreen with the watercolour eff most of the time its there.

maybe its a firmware error :/

Thanks anyway

-HellRaiser-
Old
(Last edited by -HellRaiser-; 20th August 2014 at 03:17 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 720

DONATE TO ME
I had got the same thing....actually its not a problem but a feature with which you can use your phone even with gloves on....It basically makes the screen more sensitive and even when you dont touch it and just hover a bit above it,the phone detects the touch...

To disable this goto Setting --> Controls --> Increase Touch senstivity and untick it....

That should solve it....
I know its very hard and tiring to hit so please avoid that pain.

filthykid
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgprince06 View Post
Is there anyone els experiencing the same "problem" (not sure if it is a problem or can be disabled) sometimes while using the phone not always tho I can scroll through the broser or any other app im using without touching the screen just by hovering my finger over the screen.
Problem??? I don't think it's a problem. I kinda like it and often flaunt it to my friends... "See the MAGIC" hahaha .. Amazing Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo - SM-N7505 (Bought: 09-June-2014) [Loving it]
Google Nexus 4 (Bought: 03-Dec-2012)
[Nothing short of nightmare. Kind of slow poison]