Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 55,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to root

Tip us?
 
Souron29
Old
#1  
Souron29's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 332
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bbsr
Default Unable to root

Guys please help me root my phone. Odin is unable to detect my phone. I have installed the Samsung drivers. But when I connect my phone to pc in download mode, it says windows is unable to recognize the device
Hit the thanks button if my posts have helped you
 
nick99n
Old
#2  
nick99n's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souron29 View Post
Guys please help me root my phone. Odin is unable to detect my phone. I have installed the Samsung drivers. But when I connect my phone to pc in download mode, it says windows is unable to recognize the device
can you try another pc ? and grand admin rights to odin
 
Souron29
Old
#3  
Souron29's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 332
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bbsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick99n View Post
can you try another pc ? and grand admin rights to odin
I have tried two pcs and given admin rights too. Do i have to do anything more on phone side?
Hit the thanks button if my posts have helped you
 
nick99n
Old
#4  
nick99n's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souron29 View Post
I have tried two pcs and given admin rights too. Do i have to do anything more on phone side?
maybe the usb cable ? try another
 
edy.xda
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souron29 View Post
I have tried two pcs and given admin rights too. Do i have to do anything more on phone side?
Enable USB debugging in Developer options. Google how to enable developer options.
 
Souron29
Old
#6  
Souron29's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109
Posts: 332
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bbsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by edy.xda View Post
Enable USB debugging in Developer options. Google how to enable developer options.
Already had done that. But then i remmbered that mtp doesn't allow usb debugging on some devices. So i turned to ptp and voila!! Btw does the 7505 recovery work on 7500 version?
Hit the thanks button if my posts have helped you
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get Your Cargo to its Destination in 4×4 Military Operations Reborn

Racing games have evolved quite a bit since the days of Pole … more

Automate Your Device with Sfen

Changing the profile of yourdevice manually is now long forgotten. Since the advent of Android automation … more

Galaxy Photo Screen Lock Displays a Photo Slideshow on Your Lock Screen

Being the most often looked at part of our devices UI, the lock … more