Norma 9005 Lollipop 5.0 Note 4 S6 v17 Sprint Port

Search This thread

suckmyseahawk88

Dec 29, 2013
Tacoma
I'm doing something wrong.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/n9005-lollipop-5-0-s5-note3-stable-t2994680

Go there. Download V18. Put it on your phone. Reboot into recovery. Full wipe. Flash that V18 you put on your phone. Boot the phone. Open Root Explorer, put it into R/W mode. Extract the contents of the .zip file I posted into /system/etc/wifi (with R/W access, and YES replace all the files). Go into each file that was replaced from the .zip file, and change the permissions to RW-R-R (read/write-read-read AKA 0644). In Root Explorer this can be done via GUI by holding your finger on the file and then a popup menu will appear. Reboot your phone. Profit.

I'm doing all of that and going in deleting the files pasting the new ones no more bootloop but haven't figured out where to paste the META file. I just copied and pasted and rezipped those files on my computer going to see if that works because I seen the META files when i looked on my pc.

Last edited:

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
I'm doing all of that and going in deleting the files pasting the new ones no more bootloop but haven't figured out where to paste the META file. I just copied and pasted and rezipped those files on my computer going to see if that works because I seen the META files when i looked on my pc.

Oh lol sorry. Ignore the META folder. I was just trying to make it a flashable zip. Let me pull the contents from my phone, and I will reupload.

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008

OK. Here's what you gotta do. Go to Root Explorer. Travel to /system/etc/wifi/. Delete all the files in there. Extract all the files from this attached zip into it. Then ensure that 644 is applied to all the files in there. This is made directly from my working phone on the same ROM. The WiFi files were taken from the ported ROM in this thread. And the ROM I use is the GSM version (not the ROM from this thread).

Attachments

• wifi.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 78

suckmyseahawk88

Dec 29, 2013
Tacoma
Got it to work!

Oh lol sorry. Ignore the META folder. I was just trying to make it a flashable zip. Let me pull the contents from my phone, and I will reupload.

Had trouble getting it to stick on R/W because of dirty flash.... Thank you so much for the files! but yeah just remove the extras so no noobs like me get confused lol:p I kept Restoring the wrong backup...

rogerandgina

Oct 19, 2009
Huber Heights, OH
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/n9005-lollipop-5-0-s5-note3-stable-t2994680

Go there. Download V18. Put it on your phone. Reboot into recovery. Full wipe. Flash that V18 you put on your phone. Boot the phone. Open Root Explorer, put it into R/W mode. Extract the contents of the .zip file I posted into /system/etc/wifi (with R/W access, and YES replace all the files). Go into each file that was replaced from the .zip file, and change the permissions to RW-R-R (read/write-read-read AKA 0644). In Root Explorer this can be done via GUI by holding your finger on the file and then a popup menu will appear. Reboot your phone. Profit.

Can you repost zip?

Archalys

Jul 24, 2011
Is anyone else getting a "code: 0" when sending a multipart SMS? Getting very consistently. MMS works, single message SMS works just not that. Other than PRL and Data profile not showing the "in progress" screen while updating I don't see any other bugs, Data cuts off and it appears to update but no screen.

But the SMS thing is kinda not cool.

Have tried wiping data, wiping cache, wiping dalvic

Last edited:

midmadn

Mar 18, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This rom is awesome and is without a doubt the fastest rom I've ever encountered. So far I've only run into one problem and it's killing me because I want so bad to keep this but that one problem is unfortunately one that can't be just lived with.

All of my paid apps from the playstore show up as paid in my account information on playstore but it won't let me install them without paying again. I have a gps app that was $40.00 and I can't buy it again. I had a backup of the app on my sd card which I installed but it won't run. It keeps giving me a message that it can't verify my purchase of the app.

Something is broken. Playstore knows all the apps I've bought and paid for but it won't let me install them without paying again and won't allow them to run if i install the apk from my sd card. Titanium Backup, Nova Launcher, Neutron and many, many more.

Anyone have any ideas on a possible fix?

Thanks so much for all the developers do here on xda,
Jack

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

frenchel

Sep 1, 2011
Helloo guys has anyone gotten xposed working on this ROM.. And can anyone tell me where is the system and PRL update located in system... please and thanks

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update N9005XXUGBOB6 latest official version of the official end of the push package
    Push stable version of the official version is very stable power
    The previous version of the draft text to repair the problem
    The latest increase in cell localization thank 3M (ultimate lore)
    SMS report increased
    Fc dual clock repair problems
    Handsfree mode dropdown repair problems
    Power-saving mode the default startup repair issues (note the need to manually edit the drop-down button to select Reset to replace the drop-down button)
    AROMA increase kernel options
    Choose your brush into the machine's kernel
    Optional brush into google services increase
    Increase Note4 camera and the camera selects the brush into the official
    New Samsung official memory manager
    Fixes all known issues of fc
    Nfc mode turned off by default (can not be used due to the Japanese version of the nfc so turned off

v17 English Online

-Aroma in English
    -Chinese Apps deleted
    -Framework set to Google GPS
    -Omega Settings translated
    -UPSM manager translated
    -Custom Status Bar translated
    -CSC default to UK
    -Input Mode in SMS Fix
    -Fix memory leak for Norma V17(Incredible fast)
    -Fix Handwriting Recognition
    -SMS Clip Icon fixed
    -Wallpaper change fix
    -Splanner changed with n4 themed like S6
    -Setting menu with ambient display option and 0.25 windows animation(English language only)
    -Kids mode not working in S6 TW,just with Note 3 TW
    -Maybe more

CREDIT
    @lijianjunyonghu
    @oluwaponmile
    @filchi756
    @bryanpen

FOR ALL QUESTIONS AND ISSUSES REFER TO THE MAIN THREAD http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/n9005-lollipop-5-0-s5-note3-stable-t2994680
    Flashing
    1. Do Full backup
    2. Full Data/Cache Wipe
    3. Flash Rom
    4. In Aroma choose the 9005 Kernel otherwise it wont boot
    5. Dont Restart phone
    6. Flash Buildprop.zip (otherwise data wont be stable)
    7. Restart and Enjoy (takes 10-15 min on first boot)

You can use your kernel of choice with this rom for me Civz Kernel works great but Alter and Lean work as well

DOWNLOAD
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!69IlBTSD!YH-eLHszq-oDo9hoR7mKMg
    Thank you I just did galaxy tools changed sales code to xas rebooted manually set apn and I'm rocking lte awsome sauce.

Yea it had like 100 apn in there so i deleted all of them and put only one in so it wont be searching which apn to use sometimes causing a 2-3 sec delay in data but now since its only one i never have any issues its either 3g or lte never searching between apns the one i used allows it to switch between 3g/lte which is

NAME: Sprint LTE internet
    APN: n.ispsn
    PROXY: not set
    PORT: not set
    USERNAME: not set
    PASSWORD: not set
    SERVER: not set
    MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com
    MULTIMEDIA MESSAGE PROXY: 68.28.31.7
    MULTIMEDIA MESSAGE PORT: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 120
    AUTHENTICATION TYPE: none
    APN TYPE: default,mms,dun
    APN PROTOCOL: Ipv4/Ipv6
    APN ROAMING PROTOCOL: Ipv4/Ipv6
    TURN APN ON/OFF: should be checked but greyed out. Can not change this.
    BEARER: Unspecified (this makes it choose 3g and lte so you therefore wont need more than one apn)
    MOBILE VIRTUAL NETWORK OPERATOR TYPE: none
    MOBILE VIRTUAL NETWORK OPERATOR VALUE: not set (can't change this one either, greyed out)

OK. Here's what you gotta do. Go to Root Explorer. Travel to /system/etc/wifi/. Delete all the files in there. Extract all the files from this attached zip into it. Then ensure that 644 is applied to all the files in there. This is made directly from my working phone on the same ROM. The WiFi files were taken from the ported ROM in this thread. And the ROM I use is the GSM version (not the ROM from this thread).
    ESET found a virus. Anybody know anything about this?

is it saying the ROM zip is a treat?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I cant get past the samsung note 3 boot screen. It just stays there, and auto reboots into recovery. I followed the directions to a perfect T. What can i do?

battery pull then reboot?

or go into recovery and mount system then reboot (ive had to do this once before to get it to boot)

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

@Josephigloe

I have decided to go back to stock 5.0 or SACs N4 V3. I need to use my phone for my business and couldn't afford to be playing with my phone and constantly rebooting when things get wonky or better yet...reflashing the ROM. This is a beautiful ROM and I love the sprinkle of S6 mixed in there! Wished it worked out for me.

I totally understand its a port and ports do have bugs so I knew about it going in, lol!

Hopefully you guys can figure out the workarounds? but thanks for your help!

I havent had any problems whatsoever data, sms, mms, no fc, anything.
    :confused: after i changed to XAS in galaxy tools.
    Wifi calling isnt working.

Sent from my SM-N910P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Due to the ROM being a port WiFi calling will not work. It needs to be based off of a sprint ROM to have the nessisary parts for WiFi calling to work.