Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Tip us?

KennyG123
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 17th October 2013 at 11:06 AM.)
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod - OP
Thanks Meter 26,150

DONATE TO ME
Default Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the Note III in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

stanglifemike
Old
(Last edited by stanglifemike; 4th October 2013 at 05:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 423
Was the only customer in my local Sprint store this morning. They took over an hour because they were having problems with the new Note 3 and new One Up program. Got it back at home though now. Absolutely LOVE it!!!!!

Good luck to everyone getting it this morning! If you're also using the One Up program then be prepared to wait. They said no one else had been able to do it yet. I was thrilled that they were for me. I was willing to wait all day if I had to though! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me

ickabob00
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My experience was not that bad considering I did a number swap with my girlfriend. Essentially she got my S3and I took her EVO 3D to do the One up. I did the number swap Friday the 4th so I actually couldn't do the One up til the next day. Went in at 9 was out of the store before 9:15. Compared to my S3 the N3 is a beast all its own and I love it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted)
Smartwatch
Black Pebble Watch
Current Tablet
In search of
Past Tablet

ASUS Transformer TF101 32GB+Dock (rooted)

Past Phone

Nokia 8800 -> SE 800 -> SE P910i -> HP iPAQ HW6915 -> SE P990i -> Nokia N95 -> HTC Diamond Touch ->
Factory Unlocked iPhone 3G (jailbroken) -> HTC Desire (rooted) -> HTC EVO 4G (rooted) ->
HTC EVO 3D (rooted) -> HTC EVO 4G LTE (rooted)-> Samsung Galaxy SIII (rooted)

caguas56
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Default Note 3 versus Galaxy Mega

Hi, I'm thorn between the Note 3 and the Mega. I know the Note 3 has a faster processor, more memory, ram and better screen resolution. currently I have the Note 2. I need the biggest screen I can get. don't use the Spen too much so no need of it. Anyone have tested the Mega?

caffeiNater
Old
(Last edited by caffeiNater; 9th October 2013 at 05:54 PM.) Reason: win
Thanks Meter 6
A heads-up that Amazon just got the black model in stock -- I got an email saying that my earlier order has shipped, and it shows 2 more in stock currently. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy..._sim_sbs_cps_1

Price is $299.99 for an upgrade, and they don't charge tax to most states (including IL), plus my Chase Freedom card is offering 5% cashback from Amazon purchases this quarter... so my bottom line is $285... pretty good, I'd say.

--

Well shoot, I see that the upgrade price is now $249.99! I'm chatting with customer service now to see if I can get a credit.

--

My order has been changed to reflect the new price! FYI, amazon's price match policy on cell phone purchases - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201077510

tstack77
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeiNater View Post
Well shoot, I see that the upgrade price is now $249.99! I'm chatting with customer service now to see if I can get a credit.
Where is the upgrade price only $249???

caffeiNater
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77 View Post
At the link I pasted. Choose individual or family account, and the option "I have a Sprint account and want to upgrade my current device to this one" gives a $249.99 price either way. Are you seeing something different?

crusnik23
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77 View Post
I would like to know as well. It would be nice to get some of my money back.

Just a heads up to anyone considering moving from the HTC One to this phone should do it. I loved the speakers on the One but the battery life, screen size, and expandable storage are completely worth the switch. I'm really loving this phone and I use the stylus and S-Notes way more than I ever thought I would.

caffeiNater
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusnik23 View Post
I would like to know as well. It would be nice to get some of my money back.
Quote:
At the link I pasted. Choose individual or family account, and the option "I have a Sprint account and want to upgrade my current device to this one" gives a $249.99 price either way. Are you seeing something different?

Quote:
A heads-up that Amazon just got the black model in stock -- I got an email saying that my earlier order has shipped, and it shows 2 more in stock currently. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy..._sim_sbs_cps_1

Price is $299.99 for an upgrade, and they don't charge tax to most states (including IL), plus my Chase Freedom card is offering 5% cashback from Amazon purchases this quarter... so my bottom line is $285... pretty good, I'd say.

--

--

My order has been changed to reflect the new price! FYI, amazon's price match policy on cell phone purchases - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201077510

rawkus2g
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got mine from Amazon for $ 249.99 shipped and retained Sero.

The Following User Says Thank You to rawkus2g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]