Off-topic, other device, comparisons to other devices, and upgrading phone discussion

2nd October 2013, 12:18 AM   |  #1  
OP RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 26,302

28,190 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please use this thread to discuss devices other than and any comparisons with other devices on or about the Note III in this thread and any other off-topic issues that are not needing a new thread.

Post with respect, this is a helpful community, hope we all learn from this stuff in here.
Last edited by Naddict; 17th October 2013 at 11:06 AM.
4th October 2013, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 423

2,941 posts
More
Was the only customer in my local Sprint store this morning. They took over an hour because they were having problems with the new Note 3 and new One Up program. Got it back at home though now. Absolutely LOVE it!!!!!

Good luck to everyone getting it this morning! If you're also using the One Up program then be prepared to wait. They said no one else had been able to do it yet. I was thrilled that they were for me. I was willing to wait all day if I had to though! Lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by stanglifemike; 4th October 2013 at 05:17 PM.
6th October 2013, 07:36 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sumter
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
My experience was not that bad considering I did a number swap with my girlfriend. Essentially she got my S3and I took her EVO 3D to do the One up. I did the number swap Friday the 4th so I actually couldn't do the One up til the next day. Went in at 9 was out of the store before 9:15. Compared to my S3 the N3 is a beast all its own and I love it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th October 2013, 04:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 95

511 posts
More
Note 3 versus Galaxy Mega
Hi, I'm thorn between the Note 3 and the Mega. I know the Note 3 has a faster processor, more memory, ram and better screen resolution. currently I have the Note 2. I need the biggest screen I can get. don't use the Spen too much so no need of it. Anyone have tested the Mega?
9th October 2013, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
A heads-up that Amazon just got the black model in stock -- I got an email saying that my earlier order has shipped, and it shows 2 more in stock currently. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy..._sim_sbs_cps_1

Price is $299.99 for an upgrade, and they don't charge tax to most states (including IL), plus my Chase Freedom card is offering 5% cashback from Amazon purchases this quarter... so my bottom line is $285... pretty good, I'd say.

--

Well shoot, I see that the upgrade price is now $249.99! I'm chatting with customer service now to see if I can get a credit.

--

My order has been changed to reflect the new price! FYI, amazon's price match policy on cell phone purchases - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201077510
Last edited by caffeiNater; 9th October 2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: win
9th October 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 13

345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeiNater

Well shoot, I see that the upgrade price is now $249.99! I'm chatting with customer service now to see if I can get a credit.

Where is the upgrade price only $249???
10th October 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #7  

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77

At the link I pasted. Choose individual or family account, and the option "I have a Sprint account and want to upgrade my current device to this one" gives a $249.99 price either way. Are you seeing something different?
10th October 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstack77

I would like to know as well. It would be nice to get some of my money back.

Just a heads up to anyone considering moving from the HTC One to this phone should do it. I loved the speakers on the One but the battery life, screen size, and expandable storage are completely worth the switch. I'm really loving this phone and I use the stylus and S-Notes way more than I ever thought I would.
10th October 2013, 09:58 PM   |  #9  

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusnik23

I would like to know as well. It would be nice to get some of my money back.

Quote:

At the link I pasted. Choose individual or family account, and the option "I have a Sprint account and want to upgrade my current device to this one" gives a $249.99 price either way. Are you seeing something different?

Quote:

A heads-up that Amazon just got the black model in stock -- I got an email saying that my earlier order has shipped, and it shows 2 more in stock currently. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy..._sim_sbs_cps_1

Price is $299.99 for an upgrade, and they don't charge tax to most states (including IL), plus my Chase Freedom card is offering 5% cashback from Amazon purchases this quarter... so my bottom line is $285... pretty good, I'd say.

--

--

My order has been changed to reflect the new price! FYI, amazon's price match policy on cell phone purchases - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201077510

11th October 2013, 11:05 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
I got mine from Amazon for $ 249.99 shipped and retained Sero.

The Following User Says Thank You to rawkus2g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread