[Q] Bricked Galaxy note 3 trying to unroot! Please Help me!

22nd August 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

70 posts
Ok, I've had this phone rooted since a few months back using the towelroot method, the phone has been giving me issues this past week so I wanted to do a factory reset and unroot the phone.

The TR method worked in rooting the phone but I was never able to access the recovery mode, something like seandroid enforcing error.

Well, I noticed in one forum that I would be able to use the updated SuperSU app on the chainfire website to unroot. I followed this process but still couldn't boot to recovery. I then dowloaded the mj4 tar and tried to push it through odin 3.07 and it says fail.

Now my phone is bricked, kies 3 doesn't recognize it for an emergency firmware update, and I'm in the process of downloading nc5 to try that one.

Please if anyone can help me out in figuring how to restore my phone I would greatly appreciate it, I start classes on Monday only have this weekend to fix it. Any advice would be awesome, thanks!
22nd August 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 88

269 posts
More
If you can boot into download mode ( press the power button, home button, volume up button, at the same time) great !! first download Odin to PC desktop here is the link http://www.downloadodin.info/download-odin-1-85 then you need an OS .tar ( kk 4.4.2 NC5 ) here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2712205 download to PC desktop.

Extract the zip NC5 file to PC desktop this changes it to a .tar file. Now boot device into download mode, then extract and open odin on desktop, connect device to PC via USB cable a box in upper left corner will light up COM: doesn't matter what color it is just shows a connection. Click on the PDA box another box will open click on NC5 .tar file it should show in box to the right of PDA box. Now your ready don't touch anything else, click start and it will say pass when done this will take at least 15 minutes.

I have unrooted my Note 3 a couple of times, the best way is a new OS through Odin.
Last edited by jimzweb1; 22nd August 2014 at 02:05 PM.
22nd August 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

70 posts
Thank you so much jimzweb1!! That worked like a charm, I was freaking out! Not a noob to rooting but every now and then I run into some hiccup! Thanks to xda for having helpful people like you to remedy the situation ☺.... You da man jimzweb1!
The Following User Says Thank You to everlast716 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #4  

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast716

Thank you so much jimzweb1!! That worked like a charm, I was freaking out! Not a noob to rooting but every now and then I run into some hiccup! Thanks to xda for having helpful people like you to remedy the situation ☺.... You da man jimzweb1!

No problem, now that you are back with the living. Lol !!! Remember, once you upgrade to KK 4.4.2 NC5, you can downgrade to NAB but NO further !!! The bootloader in KK 4.4.2 NC5 will not let you go back to Mj4, you will soft brick the device.

Is your warranty still KNOX 0x0 ?
Last edited by jimzweb1; 23rd August 2014 at 02:38 AM.
29th August 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

70 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1

No problem, now that you are back with the living. Lol !!! Remember, once you upgrade to KK 4.4.2 NC5, you can downgrade to NAB but NO further !!! The bootloader in KK 4.4.2 NC5 will not let you go back to Mj4, you will soft brick the device.

Is your warranty still KNOX 0x0 ?

Sorry Jimz, I just saw this reply! Currently, knox says 0x1....I don't know how to get that back to 0x0 unless triangle away now works?
31st August 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Unrooting/Restoring your phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast716

Sorry Jimz, I just saw this reply! Currently, knox says 0x1....I don't know how to get that back to 0x0 unless triangle away now works?

If you join the sam mobile website You can look your phone up by model number. Once you do download the .tar and open it through Odin. Make sure your phone is in download mode. Use the PDA box and locate the .tar and load it through Odin. It will restore Knox and reset your phone to factory.

Hope this helps.
1st September 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 202

1,297 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Extremist

If you join the sam mobile website You can look your phone up by model number. Once you do download the .tar and open it through Odin. Make sure your phone is in download mode. Use the PDA box and locate the .tar and load it through Odin. It will restore Knox and reset your phone to factory.

Hope this helps.

I thought there was no way to untrip knox? Has something changed?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
1st September 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #8  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 1,738

3,451 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylbaker

I thought there was no way to untrip knox? Has something changed?

AMAIK, nothing will bring Knox warranty back to 0x0 once it was 0x1

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo
1st September 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 202

1,297 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

AMAIK, nothing will bring Knox warranty back to 0x0 once it was 0x1

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Thats what I thought.. android extremist just said you coukd was why I was asking

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
2nd September 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #10  

269 posts
More
Well actually to answer the question fully, yes they can reset Knox 0x1 warranty e-fuse. However, only for Exynos processor based note 3's. Sprint note 3's use a Qualcomm processor. There getting closer, you can read up on this in Developer Discussions/A few things about Knox.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread