Ask a question

No registration required

Bricked Note 3...? Please help.

OP jacobmiw

30th July 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
So, maybe someone can help me out here. I wanted to install Kit Kat Killer. This is what happens:

Rooting Process
1. I used Odin to install the root automatically.
2. I verified the root.
3. SuperUser and BusyBox installed.
4. Used Odin to install TWRP.

Recovery
1. Booted into TWRP.
2. Accidentally forgot to Nandroid Backup.
3. Wiped internal data, wiped everything else except SD Card.
4. Went to install Kit Kat Killer. Got some failed messages about some usb folder being unable to be mounted.
5. Rebooted phone. Re-downloaded everything and moved to SD.
6. Still fails.

Google time...
1. Downloaded some files from the links/forums I came across. None of these two files will flash through Odin, saying FAIL!
a. N900PVPUBMJ4_N900PSPTBMJ4_N900PVPUBMJ4_HOME.tar
b. N900PVPUBMI3_N900PSPTBMI3_N900PVPUBMI3_HOME.tar
2. TWRP can't be added through ODIN anymore as far as I know. I was using version

Now...
1. TWRP is gone.
2. Phone is stuck in "ODIN MODE" for recovery (?).
3. I can't get past the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen.
4. When I get the yellow triangle about needing Kies3 for an emergency firmware repair, it does NOT recognize my phone. Yes, I am using Kies 3. It says I am using an unsupported phone.
5. It does say SW REV CHECK FAIL.

I am at a total loss here. I know it's a soft brick, but for the life of me, I can not figure out what to do next.

Thanks for all your help!!
30th July 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Just got it back into TWRP mode. It keeps saying:
"E: Unable to mount /usbstorage"

Then when it tries to install KitKatKiller, it checks for the MD5 (on the SD too in the same directory), it says FAIL. I think this whole issue is based on the usbstorage thing.
30th July 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Right now, I am going to download the latest Sprint stock ROM and see if I can flash it in TWRP. This will take at least 50 minutes to get going (30 for download/20 for file transfer). So plenty of time for you guys to jump in and say otherwise :P

Really, I appreciate all of your help!!! I am sure I made a n00b mistake. I had no real problems with my GSIII or EVO 4G once I got the hang of things :P
30th July 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
I think you guys can close this thread. I am not sure what the hell happened, but I wiped my SD card after copying the KitKatKiller ROM to another folder on the internal SD. I had forgotten to include the MD5 file in the same folder as well, but it finally installed. Right now, the phone is showing KitKatKiller logo spinning and booting up, so I presume the phone will be fine from this point, and if not, I will use Kies 3 to return it to stock and give it a try again. Again, you can close this thread, I feel like an idiot but it all worked out for some odd reason. I'm still not sure why I was getting "unable to mount usbstorage" errors.

Thanks again for everyone taking a look!!!!!!
1st August 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Englewood, FL
Thanks Meter: 495

851 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmiw

I think you guys can close this thread. I am not sure what the hell happened, but I wiped my SD card after copying the KitKatKiller ROM to another folder on the internal SD. I had forgotten to include the MD5 file in the same folder as well, but it finally installed. Right now, the phone is showing KitKatKiller logo spinning and booting up, so I presume the phone will be fine from this point, and if not, I will use Kies 3 to return it to stock and give it a try again. Again, you can close this thread, I feel like an idiot but it all worked out for some odd reason. I'm still not sure why I was getting "unable to mount usbstorage" errors.

Thanks again for everyone taking a look!!!!!!

Glad you figured your issues out. Just popped into tell you that twrp fails mounting USB because it's looking for an external USB. Not to worry its supposed to fail unless you have a USB drive plugged in through an otg cable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread