Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Changing Default Dialer on Note 3

OP Tungsten c

4th August 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

217 posts
Guys

Is there a way to change the default dialer on a Sprint stock rooted Note #3 (NC5)?

When an app access the phone I always get the screen in which I select the dialer to be used and I always hit always yet next time is the same.
I have clear data from the stock dialer no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
5th August 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 149

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten c

Guys

Is there a way to change the default dialer on a Sprint stock rooted Note #3 (NC5)?

When an app access the phone I always get the screen in which I select the dialer to be used and I always hit always yet next time is the same.
I have clear data from the stock dialer no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes go to this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283828 download the free TBOupdater.apk once it is in the phone you can open it there are all kinds of apps some are blacked out some are transparent. There is a blacked out dialer in there you can install on NC5.

If you can't find the app at the link above here is my link https://mega.co.nz/#!cdowBaYQ!Qvnalt...WdSP4aVodfn_5Q just copy this to sd card then click on it and install on your device then just scroll down till you find the dialer and install. The Blackout update app will automatically update it self when you open it.
Last edited by jimzweb1; 5th August 2014 at 03:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimzweb1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

217 posts
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimzweb1

Yes go to this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2283828 download the free TBOupdater.apk once it is in the phone you can open it there are all kinds of apps some are blacked out some are transparent. There is a blacked out dialer in there you can install on NC5.

If you can't find the app at the link above here is my link https://mega.co.nz/#!cdowBaYQ!Qvnalt...WdSP4aVodfn_5Q just copy this to sd card then click on it and install on your device then just scroll down till you find the dialer and install. The Blackout update app will automatically update it self when you open it.

Thank you
5th August 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #4  

393 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you

Your welcome, in case you are having trouble finding it I know I did. Open the app, click on Available Apps, Recently Updated Apps, scroll down to Dual Themed Call App. Download the zip file copy and paste to sdcard, and flash in recovery. Enjoy!!!
6th August 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

217 posts
Quote:

Your welcome, in case you are having trouble finding it I know I did. Open the app, click on Available Apps, Recently Updated Apps, scroll down to Dual Themed Call App. Download the zip file copy and paste to sdcard, and flash in recovery. Enjoy!!!

thanks, hey what will be the best way to be able to go back in case i don't like the Dual Themed Call App . TWRP?
Last edited by Tungsten c; 6th August 2014 at 01:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tungsten c For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #6  

393 posts
More
Quote:

thanks, hey what will be the best way to be able to go back in case i don't like the Dual Themed Call App . TWRP?

First I would make a backup of the rom as close to the way you like it as possible with what ever recovery you are using. Then store it on an ext sdcard or PC. Then you can just do a recovery restore when you want to change back. Mine is on a 32GB ext sdcard, which it seems like a I do a system restore via recovery backup once a day because of all the new things I try to flash. OR use a root explorer type file manager copy and paste the original dialer .apk to an internal or external sdcard. Then you can delete the new one, copy and paste the original back. Be sure to check permissions, they need to be reset to original settings, then power down the device, and when it reboots it will run the original dialer.
Last edited by jimzweb1; 6th August 2014 at 03:20 PM.
6th August 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

217 posts
thanks
Quote:

First I would make a backup of the rom as close to the way you like it as possible with what ever recovery you are using. Then store it on an ext sdcard or PC. Then you can just do a recovery restore when you want to change back. Mine is on a 32GB ext sdcard, which it seems like a I do a system restore via recovery backup once a day because of all the new things I try to flash. OR use a root explorer type file manager copy and paste the original dialer .apk to an internal or external sdcard. Then you can delete the new one, copy and paste the original back. Be sure to check permissions, they need to be reset to original settings, then power down the device, and when it reboots it will run the original dialer.

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread