Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Com.android.systemui stopped randomly.

Tip us?

Mechayoshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Com.android.systemui stopped randomly.

Hello guys, any help would be appreciated.

My note 3 is rooted on the stock rom. I hadn't changed anything or installed anything new. I cut my phone on and I get that message. I'm unable to run any apps and the message shows up immediately after cutting the phone on. My status bar isn't visible either.

Do I have any options? Since the phones unusable, I can't factory reset. I've tried different batteries and taking out my memory card. The phone literally soft bricked itself overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechayoshi View Post
Hello guys, any help would be appreciated.

My note 3 is rooted on the stock rom. I hadn't changed anything or installed anything new. I cut my phone on and I get that message. I'm unable to run any apps and the message shows up immediately after cutting the phone on. My status bar isn't visible either.

Do I have any options? Since the phones unusable, I can't factory reset. I've tried different batteries and taking out my memory card. The phone literally soft bricked itself overnight.

Running Odin, reflash the tar for the firmware you're running.

If you can get into a custom recovery, you can always push system ui back to system, priv-app via the file manager built into TWRP.

Such behavior is common, especially if running conflicting Xposed modules.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

Mechayoshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars View Post
Running Odin, reflash the tar for the firmware you're running.

If you can get into a custom recovery, you can always push system ui back to system, priv-app via the file manager built into TWRP.

Such behavior is common, especially if running conflicting Xposed modules.

Thank you but what if I don't have TWRP? As for reflashing the tar, I'm not using anything custom. All I have is a full (non rooted) restore file and the file I used to root it with Odin. Would I need to flash one of those, and if I do, would I lose data?

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 9,862
Quote:
Thank you but what if I don't have TWRP? As for reflashing the tar, I'm not using anything custom. All I have is a full (non rooted) restore file and the file I used to root it with Odin. Would I need to flash one of those, and if I do, would I lose data?
If you flashed the stock tar, then yes, you'll lose data and root, but the items in your internal storage will be left intact (pictures, music, documents, etc).

Since you're rooted, if you are able to get into system, then you could download titanium backup to save your call logs, mms, sms, etc, then flash the stock tar again.

Short of that, you could flash recovery, which will trip Knox if the root method you used did not, or, flash the stock tar again and move on.

"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mechayoshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Ok. I restored and the phone worked again. But when I tried to update xposed, the phone did the same thing again. Is there anyway to use exposed without this happening again?

BHurst
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Ok. I restored and the phone worked again. But when I tried to update xposed, the phone did the same thing again. Is there anyway to use exposed without this happening again?
uninstall xposed and download the newest version.

Mechayoshi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHurst View Post
uninstall xposed and download the newest version.

All is well now. That's what I did a few days ago. Thanks though.