Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Com.android.systemui stopped randomly.

OP Mechayoshi

17th August 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

95 posts
More
Hello guys, any help would be appreciated.

My note 3 is rooted on the stock rom. I hadn't changed anything or installed anything new. I cut my phone on and I get that message. I'm unable to run any apps and the message shows up immediately after cutting the phone on. My status bar isn't visible either.

Do I have any options? Since the phones unusable, I can't factory reset. I've tried different batteries and taking out my memory card. The phone literally soft bricked itself overnight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
17th August 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,081

5,904 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechayoshi

Hello guys, any help would be appreciated.

My note 3 is rooted on the stock rom. I hadn't changed anything or installed anything new. I cut my phone on and I get that message. I'm unable to run any apps and the message shows up immediately after cutting the phone on. My status bar isn't visible either.

Do I have any options? Since the phones unusable, I can't factory reset. I've tried different batteries and taking out my memory card. The phone literally soft bricked itself overnight.

Running Odin, reflash the tar for the firmware you're running.

If you can get into a custom recovery, you can always push system ui back to system, priv-app via the file manager built into TWRP.

Such behavior is common, especially if running conflicting Xposed modules.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
17th August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

95 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

Running Odin, reflash the tar for the firmware you're running.

If you can get into a custom recovery, you can always push system ui back to system, priv-app via the file manager built into TWRP.

Such behavior is common, especially if running conflicting Xposed modules.

Thank you but what if I don't have TWRP? As for reflashing the tar, I'm not using anything custom. All I have is a full (non rooted) restore file and the file I used to root it with Odin. Would I need to flash one of those, and if I do, would I lose data?
17th August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,081

5,904 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you but what if I don't have TWRP? As for reflashing the tar, I'm not using anything custom. All I have is a full (non rooted) restore file and the file I used to root it with Odin. Would I need to flash one of those, and if I do, would I lose data?

If you flashed the stock tar, then yes, you'll lose data and root, but the items in your internal storage will be left intact (pictures, music, documents, etc).

Since you're rooted, if you are able to get into system, then you could download titanium backup to save your call logs, mms, sms, etc, then flash the stock tar again.

Short of that, you could flash recovery, which will trip Knox if the root method you used did not, or, flash the stock tar again and move on.

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

95 posts
More
Ok. I restored and the phone worked again. But when I tried to update xposed, the phone did the same thing again. Is there anyway to use exposed without this happening again?
21st August 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 55

230 posts
Quote:

Ok. I restored and the phone worked again. But when I tried to update xposed, the phone did the same thing again. Is there anyway to use exposed without this happening again?

uninstall xposed and download the newest version.

22nd August 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

95 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHurst

uninstall xposed and download the newest version.

All is well now. That's what I did a few days ago. Thanks though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread