Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Love or hate KK?

Tip us?

gabesir
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74

DONATE TO ME
Default Love or hate KK?

I'm debating or no to update from JB to KK. The JB seems to be running sluggish lately. I remember when the NAB KK update came out many people had too many issue but how is the NC5 update?? how is battery life? performance? what are the biggest advantages

BHurst
Old
Thanks Meter 55
my jb was sluggish today so I just re flashed the original Rom. stable and fast again. ymmv.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Bobguy21
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Kk sucks compared to jb. And the radios suck more too.

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobguy21 View Post
Kk sucks compared to jb. And the radios suck more too.
You can't go back to JB, but you can use a JB radio with KK.

Bobguy21
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
You can't go back to JB, but you can use a JB radio with KK.
Yea I'm aware of that and I did it to my other note 3 a few days ago. Signal was better but at expense of more battery drain. Also my text and call hardware radio died. So I had to replace it. Not sure of related. But the NC5 radio is better then NAB radio. I also always had better battery life with JB.

chuxmix
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had a hard time getting used to the specifics because kit kat will not let you flash anything unless it matches the kernel or goes in order of creation. But even though it seem harder it's worth the trouble it's a lot more stable than any other Android biulds. And you can figure out how to unlock wife and change your radios and customize all that
About Me... PPC-6700, Samsung Moment, Epic touch 4G, Note 2, Note 3

Currently running modded out stock NH7

thlinx
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxmix View Post
I had a hard time getting used to the specifics because kit kat will not let you flash anything unless it matches the kernel or goes in order of creation. But even though it seem harder it's worth the trouble it's a lot more stable than any other Android biulds. And you can figure out how to unlock wife and change your radios and customize all that
This unlocking wife seems interesting. Do you have to beat a certain level or is it automatic.