Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 46,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NC5 Hotspot Mod not working.

Tip us?

jelucas30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default NC5 Hotspot Mod not working.

Is anyone having any issues getting the NC5 Hotspot Mod to work? Every time I try to use it the device that I'm hooking it up to always says obtaining ip address and it never connects. I was just wondering if this was something blocked by Sprint. I'm on the old One Up unlimited everything plan. I never have this problem on AOSP!<br/>

topherk
Old
Thanks Meter 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelucas30 View Post
Is anyone having any issues getting the NC5 Hotspot Mod to work? Every time I try to use it the device that I'm hooking it up to always says obtaining ip address and it never connects. I was just wondering if this was something blocked by Sprint. I'm on the old One Up unlimited everything plan. I never have this problem on AOSP!<br/>
Which NC5 hotspot mod did you try installing? As far as I'm aware, there's no "mod" which work for stock NC5. You can try a custom NC5-based ROM which includes wifi tethering. These have worked for me with no issues.

If you're running the stock NC5, one thing you can try is getting your MSL and adding "dun" to your apns. The process is outlined in this thread.
Kernal: ROM-provided
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0
Baseband: N900PVPECNC5

Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101)
ROM: [4.4.2] [ KatKiss #023c ] [Stable]

Giopand
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by topherk View Post
Which NC5 hotspot mod did you try installing? As far as I'm aware, there's no "mod" which work for stock NC5. You can try a custom NC5-based ROM which includes wifi tethering. These have worked for me with no issues.

If you're running the stock NC5, one thing you can try is getting your MSL and adding "dun" to your apns. The process is outlined in this thread.
You need to read the forum, all the questions are already answered you just need to search and look not just ask.

Step by Step:

Get your MSL/SPC number using the app from this link: http://tools.flashingtools.com/SPCUtility.apk

Dial ##data#
Select Edit
Put your MSL # and click OK
Scroll to bottom and select More
Scroll to bottom and select LTE APN Settings
Got to APN2 LTE internet
Go to APN type
Add ,dun at the end
Now it should be default,mms,dun
Got to APN2 EHRPD internet
Go to APN type
Add ,dun at the end
Now it should be default,mms,dun
Go to Settings
Change Hotspot to ON
Done. It should work now.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Giopand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]