Ask a question

No registration required

Thumbs up Help for Post Kitkat update problems

OP sandrshe

24th August 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

37 posts
Writing this to help others. After a whole day of agony and frustration, throwing phone on the floor, etc. I have found and resolved the issue.

Symptoms were:

- programs like youtube, gallery, internet, Settings and others, not responding and freezing phone.
- stuck on network preparing,
- phone freezing after screenshut off
- really slow wifi and mobile data
- phone hanging trying to reboot or shutdown
- phone # codes didn't work
- sdcard not mounting, no access, and stuck on preparing sdcard
- no text messages, showing up hours later
- not being able to update prl or profile
- recovery not loading or if it did load, clearing cache and factory reset did nothing
- many odin flashes whether it were NAB or NC5...same problems

I happened to in desperation pull the sdcard out while the phone was on and noticed that if phone was frozen it freed up. inserting it again made apps freeze and stuck on preparing sdcard. THE UPDATE CORRUPTED THE SDCARD and it being in the phone is what is causing the problem.

I did a fresh odin flash and didn't put sdcard in and phone is normal and no issues. put card back in...issues returned, removed and almost went in trash.

Now i ended up putting the "corrupted sdcard" into another phone and it would not recognize it either. Last ditch effort before throwing sdcard out, i put it in computer and windows was able to see the contents. Relieved...i was able to copy all files to pc. Then for giggles i did a quick format of the same filesystem. stuck the blank sdcard back in the note 3 and low and behold it prepared sdcard quickly and it was mounted with correct free space. I then copied all files i had backed up to the pc onto the sdcard and ALL IS WELL.

I couldnt find no where on the internet that this was the exact problem. Was a terrible experience and posting this to help those that are in same boat. Got luckly, would have never guessed it was all caused by sdcard being in the phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sandrshe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread