Random reboot while on a call?

OP Boogeyman45

4th August 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag akron
Thanks Meter: 229

518 posts
More
I've had this problem sometime after Kitkat. When on a phone call, the phone will reboot randomly. Not everytime I use the phone. I've been suggested that it might be my sd card but I've ruled it out. I'm currently running nc5 stock 4.4. I've had xposed framework uninstalled to try to narrow this irritating problem. I've tried to switch roms, install them clean, install everything fresh and clean with no change. I've also had my Note 3 replaced because I thought this particular problem was hardware failure. Obviously that is not the case. I searched for an answer without success. It's very possible that I've missed something in the forums. I'll own that. I'm reaching out for help. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
5th August 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 148

392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman45

I've had this problem sometime after Kitkat. When on a phone call, the phone will reboot randomly. Not everytime I use the phone. I've been suggested that it might be my sd card but I've ruled it out. I'm currently running nc5 stock 4.4. I've had xposed framework uninstalled to try to narrow this irritating problem. I've tried to switch roms, install them clean, install everything fresh and clean with no change. I've also had my Note 3 replaced because I thought this particular problem was hardware failure. Obviously that is not the case. I searched for an answer without success. It's very possible that I've missed something in the forums. I'll own that. I'm reaching out for help. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

I see from your post your back to a clean stock NC5, so that rules the OS out. You replaced the device, that rules out the hardware. What about the battery, are you running the battery from the first phone? Or are you running and extended battery? A short in the battery maybe? How long where on the call? Did the phone get hot and kick the high temp on device? I noticed several posts of phones shutting down from heat, it is a hot summer. The only other thing I can think of is the cell tower dropped the call, and for some reason the phone rebooted. Can you think of anything else?
Last edited by jimzweb1; 5th August 2014 at 02:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimzweb1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag akron

518 posts
More
I didn't consider the battery(original battery) . I haven't had any power problems yet. But that is a possibility. My calls could go on for 20 mins before it would reboot, then sometimes 10 mins. It really varies. The phone's temp would be normal I believe but I'll keep an eye on it. I did think about the reception being very low at my home and that being the cause, but it also has happened at work where I have a full signal. A battery replacement is a good idea, thank you. I will look into it. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Last edited by Boogeyman45; 5th August 2014 at 04:16 AM.
5th August 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #4  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 244

1,591 posts
Donate to Me
More
It could also be loose or dirty battery connections too, so check those too.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag akron

518 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...h-fix-t2806046
This patch seems to be working. Make sure to thank member thomashofmann, if it works for you.

Last edited by Boogeyman45; 19th August 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread