Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

About ready to pull my hair out.

OP mscooksey21

2nd August 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

You'll know it's official status by going into about phone from settings, general tab.

When that sticks, it'll no longer read "custom."

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Got it. Will report back soon.
2nd August 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

You'll know it's official status by going into about phone from settings, general tab.

When that sticks, it'll no longer read "custom."

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Okay so here's the update. I did a full un root return to stock, wiped data, and re rooted/ installed a game and it happened again. Frequencies reverted back to an even lower 1.4ghz almost instantly. I'm at a loss. It only happens when I start up a game. And I know it didn't do this at one point but I don't remember what was different or what i changed from back then.
3rd August 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscooksey21

Got it. Will report back soon.

Any ideas brotha?
3rd August 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

You'll know it's official status by going into about phone from settings, general tab.

When that sticks, it'll no longer read "custom."

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Any ideas brotha?
3rd August 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #15  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,895
 
6,159 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscooksey21

Okay so here's the update. I did a full un root return to stock, wiped data, and re rooted/ installed a game and it happened again. Frequencies reverted back to an even lower 1.4ghz almost instantly. I'm at a loss. It only happens when I start up a game. And I know it didn't do this at one point but I don't remember what was different or what i changed from back then.

That game is messing with your phone. I suggest going completely Stockish DeOdex NC5, adding Beast kernel, SetCPU, and try over clocking your device.

No games.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
3rd August 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

That game is messing with your phone. I suggest going completely Stockish DeOdex NC5, adding Beast kernel, SetCPU, and try over clocking your device.

No games.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

It does it for any game I play. gta, mc4, mc5,rr3,etc..
3rd August 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #17  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa Bay
Thanks Meter: 10,895
 
6,159 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscooksey21

It does it for any game I play. gta, mc4, mc5,rr3,etc..

I'm not knowledgeable about games and your inability to overclock your device.

I am quite clear on the process of elimination and gauging your ability to accomplish a task and rule out the root cause.

For now, stock, rooted, DeOdex rom, simple overclocking app, and kernel capable of doing same.

My suggestion stands.

No games, tell us if you're able to overclock your CPU at all.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
3rd August 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #18  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by micmars

I'm not knowledgeable about games and your inability to overclock your device.

I am quite clear on the process of elimination and gauging your ability to accomplish a task and rule out the root cause.

For now, stock, rooted, DeOdex rom, simple overclocking app, and kernel capable of doing same.

My suggestion stands.

No games, tell us if you're able to overclock your CPU at all.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Will do. Thank you kindly.
5th August 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #19  
shaggsdclown's Avatar
Member
Flag toledo
Thanks Meter: 16
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
When I had the "touchwiz dvfs" enabled none of my oc settings would stick. Just a thought if you could disable that maybe it'll help. There's an xposed module that allows for it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to shaggsdclown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes