Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,870 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bootanimation] - Despicable Me

Tip us?
 
dmxoneIuv
Old
(Last edited by dmxoneIuv; 18th August 2014 at 03:50 AM.) Reason: links
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 56
Join Date: May 2011
Smile [Bootanimation] - Despicable Me

I own a verizon galaxy note 3, so i posted in that specific device thread but thought i'd post here too for anyone who uses this thread also. original post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...cable-t2816056

ok guys, i wanna thank you for your bootanimations, especially the Marvels Avengers Sequence, and the most recently uploaded Marvel-DC=Clash from this thread by KachowPow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611238 ( INSTALLATION is the same process as the linked thread so if you are not sure how to put these on your phone, follow the above link for instructions)

after following the tutorials to try and make my own bootanimations, and much trial and error i finally got some to work if anyone is willing to test them out. Both with the Despicable Me theme, so i included the PowerOn.ogg file which is just a short instrumental clip of the theme song for the first movie. its in both the zip files IF you chose to use it, but its not necessary. So without further ado, i present to you my first 2 bootanimations ever.

(These previews are compressed and the actual bootanimation should look better)

First, i found these images minion superhero images from here: http://introspect37.tumblr.com/ (search "minion"). I did not create them, i just cleaned them up and made them all uniform in size for our purposes here. this is where i started, they were all still images so not much "animation" here but i still like it. i wish the background colors were all the same, but again, i was not the original creator of these artworks.

MINION SUPERHERO:

http://i.imgur.com/NxngVdY.gif

Download: Minion.Superhero.Bootanimation.by.dmxoneIuv.zip


Second, i found this just browsing google images, it comes up on despicableme.com. now the original was in landscape and i had to add space to the top of it to make it the correct dimensions for our phone without chopping any of the animation away.

MINION JUMP:

http://i.imgur.com/rBnmttF.gif


DOWNLOAD: Minion.Jump.Bootanimation.by.dmxoneIuv.zip

I hope you guys liked them, and if you guys have any feedback that would be nice.

Thanks for downloading
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmxoneIuv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MikeyLee
Old
#2  
MikeyLee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 546
Posts: 3,085
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxoneIuv View Post
I own a verizon galaxy note 3, so i posted in that specific device thread but thought i'd post here too for anyone who uses this thread also. original post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...cable-t2816056

ok guys, i wanna thank you for your bootanimations, especially the Marvels Avengers Sequence, and the most recently uploaded Marvel-DC=Clash from this thread by KachowPow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2611238 ( INSTALLATION is the same process as the linked thread so if you are not sure how to put these on your phone, follow the above link for instructions)

after following the tutorials to try and make my own bootanimations, and much trial and error i finally got some to work if anyone is willing to test them out. Both with the Despicable Me theme, so i included the PowerOn.ogg file which is just a short instrumental clip of the theme song for the first movie. its in both the zip files IF you chose to use it, but its not necessary. So without further ado, i present to you my first 2 bootanimations ever.

(These previews are compressed and the actual bootanimation should look better)

First, i found these images minion superhero images from here: http://introspect37.tumblr.com/ (search "minion"). I did not create them, i just cleaned them up and made them all uniform in size for our purposes here. this is where i started, they were all still images so not much "animation" here but i still like it. i wish the background colors were all the same, but again, i was not the original creator of these artworks.

MINION SUPERHERO:

http://i.imgur.com/NxngVdY.gif

Download: Minion.Superhero.Bootanimation.by.dmxoneIuv.zip


Second, i found this just browsing google images, it comes up on despicableme.com. now the original was in landscape and i had to add space to the top of it to make it the correct dimensions for our phone without chopping any of the animation away.

MINION JUMP:

http://i.imgur.com/rBnmttF.gif


DOWNLOAD: Minion.Jump.Bootanimation.by.dmxoneIuv.zip

I hope you guys liked them, and if you guys have any feedback that would be nice.

Thanks for downloading
Are these flashable zips or extract and replace files?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NCB Galaxy S5 OS
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated






www.facebook.com/spiritlevelmusic

 
dmxoneIuv
Old
(Last edited by dmxoneIuv; 19th July 2014 at 03:05 PM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 56
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee View Post
Are these flashable zips or extract and replace files?
These 2 Despicable Me bootanimations are for Samsung TouchWiz roms and you need to have root and replace the files in /system/media/ and the sound file is in the /ui / folder in that directory. Back up the original files before replacing. You also need to change permissions of the files to rw-r-r and reboot.

I do have the original files to create a flashable zip but I'll work on that and test it on an old phone and post the links later.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmxoneIuv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MikeyLee
Old
#4  
MikeyLee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 546
Posts: 3,085
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxoneIuv View Post
These 2 Despicable Me bootanimations are for Samsung TouchWiz roms and you need to have root and replace the files in /system/media/ and the sound file is in the /ui / folder in that directory. Back up the original files before replacing. You also need to change permissions of the files to rw-r-r and reboot.

I do have the original files to create a flashable zip but I'll work on that and test it on an old phone and post the links later.
The second one does not work as far as the boot goes. The shutdown works but the boot animation doesn't
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NCB Galaxy S5 OS
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated






www.facebook.com/spiritlevelmusic

 
dmxoneIuv
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 56
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLee View Post
The second one does not work as far as the boot goes. The shutdown works but the boot animation doesn't
just tried it on mine. check the permissions on the files again. most likely that's the problem but if not let me know.
 
MikeyLee
Old
#6  
MikeyLee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 546
Posts: 3,085
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxoneIuv View Post
just tried it on mine. check the permissions on the files again. most likely that's the problem but if not let me know.
Yeah, did it several times and it's not working at a boot animation for some reason. Not sure why.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 NCB Galaxy S5 OS
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Stock DeOdexed and DeBloated






www.facebook.com/spiritlevelmusic

 
Graffiti Exploit
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 303
Join Date: Jan 2012
Flashable zip please! Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Rooted | Xposed | Greenified | AEL Kernel 7.8 at 2.8GHz | 10Hrs. Screen-On Time Set-up
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus - CarbonROM 4.4.2 R2 | Rooted | Greenified
Nokia Lumia 520 - Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan Firmware
 
ipodhacked86
Old
#8  
ipodhacked86's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jan 2014
Love it thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Tags
bootanimation, despicable me, minions
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more