Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] no_name S5 Transformer for Canadian N900W8 and T-Mobile

Tip us?

marcuscalvin1985
Old
(Last edited by marcuscalvin1985; 18th July 2014 at 05:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Transparent S Pen Window-

Did a complete system wipe when flashing this rom and everything works great EXCEPT S Pen Window is transparent is there a fix for this?

Tmobile Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T) Rooted

thaddeusmak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaplus12 View Post
This rom looks good on our Note 3. Great job by the developer putting it together. There are few issues that i faced
1. i wiped everything in TWRP and got the error while flashing this rom with a failed message. So i restored by backup, did a factory reset (did not wipe system) flashed the rom on top of my existing rom (stock rooted) and this time it worked fine.
2. sd card ummounts periodically.
3. does not work very well with pin lock.

Thanks
Thanks for the developer providing this great Rom.I also faced these issues and even more:
1. I got the fail message on TWRP as well, but if you reboot the recovery after wipe the system, it will be going good.
2. I faced the sd card unmount issue once. I think it should be okay now.
3. I confirm pin lock doesn't work
4. When I open some apps, there is a circle stuff at the bottom right corner. It can be moved around but not removed.
5.S pen screen write doesn't work
6. Wi-Fi calling is no way to disable it

Anything else are working smooth.I hope these issues will be fixed soon. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

scotteb
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeusmak View Post
Thanks for the developer providing this great Rom.I also faced these issues and even more:
1. I got the fail message on TWRP as well, but if you reboot the recovery after wipe the system, it will be going good.
2. I faced the sd card unmount issue once. I think it should be okay now.
3. I confirm pin lock doesn't work
4. When I open some apps, there is a circle stuff at the bottom right corner. It can be moved around but not removed.
5.S pen screen write doesn't work
6. Wi-Fi calling is no way to disable it

Anything else are working smooth.I hope these issues will be fixed soon. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
To my knowledge, pin unlock on ANY S5 port does not work, well works but causes SD card to unmount. The small circle is most probably S5 toolkit, you can add apps to this as a quicklaunch, and can be disabled if not wanted.

thaddeusmak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotteb View Post
To my knowledge, pin unlock on ANY S5 port does not work, well works but causes SD card to unmount. The small circle is most probably S5 toolkit, you can add apps to this as a quicklaunch, and can be disabled if not wanted.
Thank you for your information about the pin lock issue.

For the small circle stuff, white circle is the toolbox that we can enable/disable it, but the one I saw is black circle. Sometimes it shows up more than one. It's so weird.

tkjeeper
Old
Thanks Meter 848
The download is unusable. Use a proper method and maybe someone can download this rom and actually use it. Brutal

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

razielpr
Old
Thanks Meter 336
Is there a way to get just the S5 TW launcher??

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
sent from my infected GS3 Boricua 100%.

lamartino
Old
Thanks Meter 12
What are the known bugs ?

aaplus12
Old
(Last edited by aaplus12; Yesterday at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Thumbs up One Less bug ... yay...

Issue: Scrap booker not capturing images from Air Command.
Solution: Copy SmartClipProvider.apk and SmartClipService.apk tp system/app and set permissions

Issue: Screen write does not work from Air Command
Solution: Copy FlashAnnotate.apk, FlashAnnotateSvc.apk, ShareShotService.apk to system/app and set permissions.

Reboot

These apks can be obtained from any Note 3 Rom. I have attached the ones that i used. Please note that this is NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP. Just unzip and copy the files manually. Dev can also include these files in his next update.

With these bugs fixed, i would say this is the best S5 rom i have ever used. I clean, blazzing fast, and excellent battery life. The only remaining issue is sd card unmount and pin lock. For sdcard i have just removed it. Pin lock sticks till reboot and then i have to apply it again for my email exchange account to work.

Please hit the thanks buttons if that helped you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Missing_apks.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.36 MB, 8 views)