[ROM][N900T] Stock Lollipop 5.0 (N900TUVUFOB6) v1.1 - ROOT+DEODEX+ZIPALIGN+deKNOX

Search This thread

ce_lloyd

Oct 6, 2011
Cedar Rapids
OnePlus 6T
Phone heats up and constantly optimizing apps on reboot???

Has anyone else experienced the phone heating up and optimizing apps constantly on reboot, which makes the phone super hot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know mastergrillo already has a thread similar to this, but I didn't see an option that had everything I wanted. I'm just sharing the version I made for myself in case anyone needs it. Flash at your own risk.

This is simply a stock Samsung Lollipop 5.0 rom (N900TUVUFOB6) for the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 (N900T) that includes the following features:

Features:
    • Rooted (SuperSU and Busybox included)
    • KNOX removed (it will still trip KNOX 0x1, but it won't annoy you about a security issue)
    • Deodexed (makes the system easier to MOD and is currently required for installing the Xposed framework)
    • Zipaligned (optimizes apk alignment to reduce memory usage)
    • Rom based /etc/init.d script support (doesn't require a kernel with init.d support, but it will still work fine if your kernel does [scripts shouldn't get run twice])
    • Untouched stock Samsung kernel
    • It was not debloated because what's bloat to me may be useful to someone else and vice versa. You can easily debloat it yourself using Titanium Backup or a debloating script.

Nothing else was touched, and all T-Mobile based features like wifi calling work fine.

Issues:

No issues that I know of.

Installation instructions

Note: This rom does not include the lollipop bootloader or modem, so it's recommended to update both of those first if you haven't already.

1. Do a full backup
    2. Flash with TWRP recovery (other custom recoveries may work, but it hasn't been tested)
    3. Wipe dalvik cache, system, data, and cache partitions before installing. You probably don't have to wipe the data partition if you're coming from the original Samsung Lollipop 5.0 (this will preserve your apps and settings), but I haven't tested it.
    4. May take 10 to 20 minutes for first boot (it will stay on the t-mobile logo for a while). Just be patient.

Stagefright vulnerability fix

There's a patch available to fix the stagefright vulnerabilities (credit goes to mastergrillo for this). The patch can be installed with TWRP immediately after installing the rom (you don't need to reboot first).

Other MODs that are compatible with this ROM (not included)
    • External sdcard write fix (allows apps to write to the external sdcard)
    • Android 6.0 Marshmallow boot animation (here's a video of what it looks like)
    • Xposed framework
      • Note: Xposed is still in alpha status for Lollipop, so some modules may still have issues.
      • First install XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk (or newer) from here
      • And then flash xposed-v75-sdk21-arm-arter97-snapdragon.zip (or newer) from here using TWRP. The important parts of the filename that should stay the same are "sdk21" (for Lollipop 5.0.x) and "snapdragon" (for our chipset).
      • If you have any questions or issues with Xposed, please ask them in arter97's Xposed thread.

Download ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    N900TUVUFOB6-frequentc, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    frequentc
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1
    Stable Release Date: 2015-10-02

Created 2015-10-01
    Last Updated 2015-11-17
    UPDATE: I seem to [not] be getting data after installation. I've installed twice. I cannot just say this is bogus, but I'l just sharing that I can't get data with this ROM in the OP.
    @dirtybudha

The data service problem has been fixed in version 1.1 (OP updated with link).

The bug happened because I forgot to include the CSC files from the original Samsung rom. I didn't notice the bug because I manually flashed the CSC files after flashing the rom, which fixed the problem for me.

Anyways, I reflashed the new version myself using the flashing instructions in the OP to verify that it was corrected. It should work fine now.
    Downloading now.

I'm a fan of straight stock look. I'll came back with any more input.
    Xposed is a new idea with lollipop but I'll give it a go.

Thanks!

BOOM, shalakalaka

Here's arter97's version of xposed that will work with Samsung deodexed touchwiz roms: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3113463
    Hey guys were can i download the sd card fix stated in the OP, the link takes me to another forum that has a dead link
    i got it from here: http://androidhost.org/VPxGt
    I thought that was already done? What was done to make this ROM Xposed ready?

Nothing was done except deodexing it, which is what is needed for arter97's xposed files to work. When I mentioned that you'd still need to install arter97's stuff, I thought that would be clear (but I may have added that after you downloaded it).

I didn't want to include arter97's xposed files in case some people didn't want it, it's still in alpha status stability wise and gets updated often, and it can also easily be added by flashing arter97's latest file. I simply mentioned xposed ready, so people would know that it could be installed.

I've updated the OP to make it clearer.