No registration required

TweakedN3 3.95 - UVUDNF9 - UPDATED 10/30/14

OP dwitherell

Today, 08:16 PM   |  #4801  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,156

4,083 posts
Donate to Me
Wow - thought that one was gunna go off the rails, but it looks like it settled itself. Never a fan of seeing strained words between folks, but again you all show how great you are and allow cooler heads to prevail Glad to see a happy resolution that required no interventions there!

Ok - so it's true, I have been quite busy. I did take the time to scrape together the little things I've done recently (with recently being since early November)... I could post this stuff, but it is WAY light on any new additions or anything like that. I was trying to hold off until I had time to work in something but I stubbornly want to understand it fully before I do and just haven't had the time to invest in such an endeavor (yet). The thing is, it's all still NF9... I haven't even thought about rebasing to the newest OTA (well that's a lie, I do think about it, but not really in a positive way as I've rebased 4.4.2 a fair number of times already and am in no rush to do so again). Is it worth posting an update?

The kicker to this all (well there are a few):
- It would be a full install as some of the things won't translate well to a mini-update sort of scenario
- It will render existing themes incompatible (at least the rather critical SystemUI portions of a theme anyway)

I fear that last point will be a sore one for most people, so I just wanted to put it out there now to get some honest feedback on it all.

Carry on.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dwitherell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 09:05 PM   |  #4802  
North Potomac
Thanks Meter: 503

966 posts
Hi @dwitherell While I use the Note Edge nowadays as a dd, I still like to use my note 3 to test what's out there and I'd have to say that I've had a lot of fun playing with the lollipop based roms out there. Even the odexed version that appeared recently is a fantastic performer. Once I could run that rom on my note 3 I lost all interest in the Nexus 6 (and I saved a bit of cash too I might add!) as it satisfied my curiosity about lollipop. In many ways its nicer than the Nexus 6 because it has it many of the Note 4 upgrades (For example multiview works like the Note 4's version, which is an improvement over how the floating windows is handled on the Note 3). Anyways, my point is that as it looks like lollipop is around for folks here (I see there is on "official" version out today for a Russian version. ) I would recommend to more or less wrap things up with Nf9 and get ready for lollipop. You folks are in for a great ride especially with dwitherell in the drivers seat! Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 09:27 PM   |  #4803  
Flag cHARMcity,MD
Thanks Meter: 3,210

4,180 posts
More
#blamedwitherell

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk
Today, 10:11 PM   |  #4804  
Thanks Meter: 249

567 posts
Oh snap. Been using my iPhone 6+( hides) and get bored with it even though it is jailbroken. Keep coming back here to check what is up and finally see we are going to get some lollipop goodness for this bad boy. Maybe even a little tweaked lollipop? If that happens I think I might just throw out the iPhone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Today, 10:15 PM   |  #4805  
Flag City of HOPE TO BE AN RC next year.
Thanks Meter: 1,780

2,114 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmacrofish

Oh snap. Been using my iPhone 6+( hides) and get bored with it even though it is jailbroken. Keep coming back here to check what is up and finally see we are going to get some lollipop goodness for this bad boy. Maybe even a little tweaked lollipop? If that happens I think I might just throw out the iPhone.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Got ijunk 6+, jailbroke it, hated it, sold it. Never intended to keep it, but needed to confirm it was still a PoS.
Today, 10:22 PM   |  #4806  
Thanks Meter: 249

567 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaflop666

Got ijunk 6+, jailbroke it, hated it, sold it. Never intended to keep it, but needed to confirm it was still a PoS.

Lol. I hear ya man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread